• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Cutter26

1. Cutter26

Air compressor

My air conditioner is shot and I want to remove every thing. Is there a pulley I can get to replace my air compressor.
  2. Cutter26

Painted my front bumper

I did a little work on the front of the Ranger late summer. My front bumper was origanly crome, but the crome was lifting and it was rusting around the bolt and trim holes. I also painted the trim and grill. I took a little damage going down to the lake. The solid square rod sticking out of...
  3. Cutter26

A couple of things

on startup I'm getting a whinning sort of whistling sound from under hood and only last a few seconds, and the other day my battery light came on, but after half a day the light shut off. is my altenator on its way out? Second, this has only happend once, but I got a single beep on start up, and...
  4. Cutter26

Free... just the way I like it.

A friend of mine gave me his 75 F-150 reg cab 2wd. The truck has 50 000 klm on it and has a 390 with a manual tran. The body is real soild for being a northern truck. The only reason I got it was because a tree fell on it and damaged the cab pretty good. I have a 78 F-100 that I'm going to swap...
  5. Cutter26

how to remove linkage

I don't want to do any more damage to my linkage and steering column, how do I get the rod off my trans linkage. My truck is a 95 automatic 3.0. I think I have to change the entire linkage but can't get it off. Plus I lost the nut that hold the metal linkage to the trans. Does anyone know off...
  6. Cutter26

Gear shift lock up.

Everything was working fine. I parked the truck and when I got back into it and tried to put her back in gear the shifter wasn't moving(automatic). I turned the truck off and then slid it into nutral and it started and I was able to drive again. No problems. I had to park and before I could...
  7. Cutter26

Bearing wear

I have been getting a rubbing kind of sound from my right front only when turning left. First thing I thought was to change the bearings. I did that and the sound never went away. I just did the race, inner and outter. Still getting the sound. I noticed that my caliper has a little play in it. I...
  8. Cutter26

Front rotors

When changing the rotor, do I have to take the bearing race out of the old rotor or does the new rotor already come with them, or can you buy just the race. I have a37 bearings. I have no clue with this truck, so if I'm asking a pretty dumb question. I am sorry.
  9. Cutter26

Time to go bigger

Well, I've enjoyed my Ranger while I've had it, but its time to go fullsize(truck or Bronco). The wife and I just got a 27' travel trailer and it weighs pretty much the same as the Ranger. My father-in-law is going to haul the trailer for me this summer. I was thinking on fixing up my Ranger...
  10. Cutter26

Lightin em up.

I had a full size bronco with a 302, never could get the tires to light up. My 78 302 standered had a hard time getting them going, but this little 3.0 Ranger had no trouble spinning the tire and laying a nice little patch. I put her in first and let it rip. Next time I'll have to get a picture...
  11. Cutter26

Beep...Beep...Beep...

I think my truck is talking morris code to me."Fix my lights" is what its trying to say. A few seconds after I start my truck, I get a high pitch beeping. I was told that it could be because I have some dash lights out, and something to do with the airbag or something. I don't know, all I know...
  12. Cutter26

Bearings

I go to get new bearings, inner and outter for the front right side of my truck, and the parts store listed the wrong bearing for my truck. My 95 has a tappered bearing and they gave me a non tapper. What is the proper bearing for my year. Has someone changed the front spindle and rotor on my...
  13. Cutter26

Brake trouble

I had a humming noise and a slight clunking coming from my passenger side front. The humming I thought was a bearing, and the clunking I thought was something to do with the suspension. Found out today that my brakes were involved as well. The right front locked up on me only going forward. I...
  14. Cutter26

huuuummmmm

I'm not sure if I have a bearing going or if it is something else. I hear a loud humming wich sounds like its coming from the passanger side front tire when I turn left. The sound is also there at highway speeds. Not to long ago I changed my u-joints and when I had the bearings out They looked...
  15. Cutter26

is it a starter problem?

A couple of weeks ago I thought my starter relay went. I would just hear a click when I turned the key. On my older trucks that ment sylenoid. On this truck I'm not sure. I changed the relay and today it did it to me again. It seems only to happen when the truck has run for a while. I'm thinking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad