• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bondo

1. Bondo

Thermostat housing difference

Ok thanks
  2. Bondo

Ok that makes sense, that's for the info. Guess I will look for the metal housing
  3. Bondo

Was wondering the difference in the thermo housing through the years of the 4.0. I have a 2000 XLT with a slight coolant leak at the housing, but all the ones I find online say they don't fit. Don't see why the one from my 2006 would be different, but I don't know. Any info as to what style a...
  4. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

Thanks for the info!
  5. Bondo

Members By Location

I thought I was already listed as from Maine from years ago? Anyway, I'm still in Burnham Maine.
  6. Bondo

Stock lower ball joint replacement

I just replaced the lower control arm last weekend. Wasn't bad but had to cut a notch in the housing where the torsion bar is seated. Once I got it notched and spread a bit it popped out It was not coming out any other way. Gotta love Maine rust!
  7. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

Ok thanks. Getting the new rear leafs and shocks in this weekend so I will be underneath the truck anyways.
  8. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

Yeah I had weight on the tires before tightening the a-arms down. Thanks for the replies.
  9. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

I had the front end off the ground and everything hung low. Seems like it loses its height a bit after driving around.
  10. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

No aftermarket parts. I put a new upper a-arm with ball joint on the drivers side and lower control arm/ball joint and sway bar link on the passengers side. 2 new front shocks as well. I'm wondering if the torsion bars have lost their spring rate?
  11. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

Yeah I figured, just wondering why it won't level out like other people have done.
  12. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

Hey all, back online after a long hiatus. I have a 2006 xlt 4.0 Ranger now and was replacing worn front end parts recently. I wanted to bring the front end level (it was way lower) so I cranked the torsion bars a little. It didn't move much so I cranked more. I gained 1 1/2 inches but no more...
  13. Bondo

99 4.0 radiator in a 99 3.0?

Got halfway to work this morning and my temp guage was pegged and a white cloud following me. It was 6 below this morning and I think my thermostat stuck and cracked my radiator from the pressure... Found a 2 inch crack on the passenger side plastic end cap. Dumped some black pepper in it after...
  14. Bondo

INFO Membership Map

Stick a pin in the middle of Unity Pond in central Maine, that usually where I can be found.
  15. Bondo

hunting and fishing is disgusting!

I guess I wasnt real good at deer hunting, only bagged 2 in 17 years. LOL But I can catch fish in a mud puddle. I release 95% of what I catch though, because I dont care for the taste too much. (tuna/pike/haddock aint bad)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad