• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Blindmullet

1. Blindmullet

P000C

Damn code popped up again today. This code seems to by tied to timing. Replaced the cam synchronizer and sensor and didn't get a code for a few weeks. He has the typical coolant leak and was going to change the timing set anyway while fixing the leak. Any others have issues with this code in...
  2. Blindmullet

Stick shift 3.0 eating fuel

How many miles since a cam synchronizer swap?
  3. Blindmullet

2002 3.0 power steering pulley

Yes, the puller is usually available as a loaner at the parts store. I would think the pump is bad.
  4. Blindmullet

P000C

New battery and camshaft synch in and seems to be good. Truck turns over and idles better. Haven't had any codes pop up. Gonna do a brake job and muffler install next.
  5. Blindmullet

ford ranger 3.0 misfire

Go through some of the cam synchronizer troubleshooting and check your cats.
  6. Blindmullet

P000C

The battery is a few years old and the voltage drop is triggering a warning on the reader. The battery and the P000C code happened to show up at the same time. I don't think the incorrect battery is causing the condition but does low voltage cause the system to throw codes? The battery is too...
  7. Blindmullet

P000C

Latitude: 42° 17' 60.00" N Longitude: -83° 12' 60.00" W Wrong is a synonym for incorrect. I can use it in a sentence. The previous hill jack bought the incorrect battery for the make and model.
  8. Blindmullet

P000C

OBD2 with GPS.
  9. Blindmullet

P000C

P000C popped up today on my son's Vyncs. I also have a battery warning that started today. Previous owner installed the wrong battery and it needed to be swapped anyway. This code seems to be related to the cam sensor but doesn't seem to be the normal code I see others reporting. Could the...
  10. Blindmullet

Header Install - Bolt Fix

Good idea using the pipe bending sleeves. I'll probably put a little kick in it. His clear was bubbled up so I wet sanded and hit it with some duplicolor. Pretty impressed without even adding the clear yet.
  11. Blindmullet

Put the header on today. I had to cut the rear driver's side bolt down a hair. There wasn't a way to insert it as it was too long. No leaks and does sound a bit better. The dipstick tube makes contact with the header. Any issues here?
  12. Blindmullet

Done! Now just waiting on the gaskets.
  13. Blindmullet

I whimped out. I could have put the screws to it but backed off. Ran it up to a 1/4 with a handfull of bits. I was able to get a great bite on it. Going to get the rest out tomorrow and throw an insert in it. His gaskets dont come until next week.
  14. Blindmullet

I'm shooting through and would like 50% of the material gone before trying. When I was my son's age I was building a 5.0 mustang.....that turned into a stroked 351 out of a boat. Lol My father didn't teach me but this is a good time for my son and I. We are also building a boat. ;)
  15. Blindmullet

That's a good vid. He is on a press but I get the idea. Thats basically if I can't walk it out with a extractor or drill it out completely. A good happy medium. Will definitely work my way up. I'm not going to horse the extractor. If it doesn't work I'm back on the drill.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad