• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by alteredwalter

1. alteredwalter

OEM bolt set vs. off the shelf studs for 2005 3.0 manifold

Is this the set you mean? Dorman 03411 I hope so as they are much cheaper and a higher grade as well. which would be great!
  2. alteredwalter

Preemptive Water Pump Replacement

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all of your input. I had pretty much talked myself into swapping it out but the last 2 posts have me thinking I am best to leave the current pump in place and make peace with the fact I will have to get back in there down the road. The truck (which I bought last...
  3. alteredwalter

Thanks for the advice. I will look into that option
  4. alteredwalter

Preemptive Water Pump Replacement

Hi folks, I am in the middle of swapping out the heads on my 2005 Ranger (120,000 miles) and I am wondering if it would be a good idea to change out the water pump while I have good access. The fan and rad are off and all of the hoses and brackets are out of the way. It looks like it would be a...
  5. alteredwalter

Updating the 3.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

A section with any available diagrams would be of great benefit. Especially if they were sorted by year and tagged by the applicable system.
  6. alteredwalter

Updating the 3.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

This sounds like a very good idea to me and would be a useful addition to the tech library. Most of the manuals focus on fluid intervals and such and those of us with less experience with the Fords (like myself) would benefit greatly.
  7. alteredwalter

Thanks, good advice. Much appreciated. Fortunately I am in an industrial hub so I should be able to source out some high grade replacements here.
  8. alteredwalter

Thanks for the info. Yes, they are cheaper in the states (like most things) but up here in Canada they are pretty pricey and by the time you pay the exchange and duty it all adds up. Thats why I was looking for an alternative
  9. alteredwalter

Hello everyone. I am putting a new (reman) set of heads on my 2005 Ranger Edge. I don't want to reuse the manifold bolts, even if I can remove them in one piece. I see one is already broken before I even start. The OEM sets from Dorman (about $140!!! for both sides) seem to be the only vehicle...
  10. alteredwalter

1st Ranger

Thanks all! Here is a picture of said ranger.
  11. alteredwalter

1st Ranger

Sure, I will post some later on. Not much to look at but I like it.
  12. alteredwalter

2005 3.0 New cylinder heads

I have the 2005 Ranger Edge and the exact same problem. There was a TSB from Ford (Ford TSB #05263) about the issues with the 2004-2006 Vulcan 3.0 heads. I have attached it for your convenience. Apparently about 30% have a manufacturing defect where the head is too soft and the exhaust valves...
  13. alteredwalter

1st Ranger

Hi All, Just in the midst of swapping out the heads on my first Ranger. Used to working on old Dodge trucks from the 70s so it's a new experience for me. Thanks for all the tips I have picked up from the forum along the way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad