• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by alsalp

1. How would you build a Square body Syclone/Typhoon killer?

I could fit a turbo 300 in a ranger I'd consider it
  2. How would you build a Square body Syclone/Typhoon killer?

LS heads on a 351W: To minimize the doners, I'm picturing getting a 5.0 explorer doner vehicle. Either swap the front SLA and 8.8, lengthen the frame of the Explorer, or hybrid the frames ( rear of 83-92 bed section to front clip of explorer). Build in stages, engine build/swap, trans upgrade...
  3. How would you build a Square body Syclone/Typhoon killer?

Thanks for the well thought out post. I was hoping someone would give some insight on mixing years etc. As far as engines go, get the keeping it Ford perspective. Like I said, I'm open to GM. What's interesting about the LS is that it allegedly designed after a 351W. The bolt pattern of the...
  4. How would you build a Square body Syclone/Typhoon killer?

I'm in CA so it has to be fuel injected swap from a "Light Duty Truck" For a 5.0 it needs to be an Explorer. For an LS it needs to be a half ton. I understand the Ford bias. Why a 331 as opposed to a 347 or a 351? I'd also like to know how close gen 1 and gen 2 body/frame mounting.
  5. How would you build a Square body Syclone/Typhoon killer?

Using an 87/88 extra cab. How would you build a truck with street manners? 5.0, Coyote, or LS? I'm not a purest and would only like to hear about bag for the buck and path of least re$i$tance. I wondering about AWD for traction so would a Explorer drive train hold up to say 400hp? Also I'd like...
  6. 1988 Ranger Engine Swap

Honestly I get tired of that suggestion. I'm looking for real solutions within the constraints of CA legal swaps. I'm not moving to a hillbilly state where I can slap a carburetor on something and call it good.
  7. 1988 Ranger Engine Swap

I'd definitely do a write up. What to swap depends on bang for the buck. Eco-boost 2.3 would be the best engineering upgrade but for me it would too expensive. CA won't let me do a Turbo Coupe as of 2018. Ford Explorer 5.0 would be most cost effective when getting a cheap donor car. They are...
  8. 1988 Ranger Engine Swap

At stock 4.5/5.3 would be plenty of power and way cheaper than an EB 2.3
  9. 1988 Ranger Engine Swap

Does anyone make a kit to put an LS in an 87 Ranger
  10. 1988 Ranger Engine Swap

"Chevrolet!, making Ford's run since 1955"
  11. 1988 Ranger Engine Swap

You guys should wear earplugs while you're burying your heads in the sand.
  12. CA legal 5.0 swap in 1987 Ranger advice needed

Now that is useful! thanks ;)
  13. CA legal 5.0 swap in 1987 Ranger advice needed

Another question I have is when 5.0's are swapped into 4cyl twin I-beam trucks are heavier springs required? v8 100 lbs heavier?
  14. CA legal 5.0 swap in 1987 Ranger advice needed

In addition to blowi YES! Also it needs to visually stock. No turbos unless it came from a light duty truck. Cannot come from a passenger car. No power adders to the stock engine either.
  15. CA legal 5.0 swap in 1987 Ranger advice needed

So stick with OBDII then?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad