• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 4x4wannabe

1. 4x4wannabe

Timing belt broke today :(

So i was cruising down the highway heading to work at food lion, (grocery store), listening to some classic rock happy as can be, and all of a sudden the ranger just died on me, lost oil pressure, i was scared to death what had happened. I was able to maneuver it off to the side of the road...
  2. 4x4wannabe

Cab corner question

The cab corners on my 95 chevy 2500 are in need of repair. Anyway the truck's paint and body aren't exactly in perfect condition so i think i am going to attempt to patch up the corners with some patch panels from lmc or jc whitney as opposed to paying lots of money for a professional job. I...
  3. 4x4wannabe

Skyjacker shocks...Hydros or Nitros?

Im about to order new shocks for my full size C***Y truck. Yes I know its not my ranger, but believe me, its in much more dire need for shocks than my ranger is lol. Anyway ive decided on skyjackers and was wondering which would be better for 95 k2500. I know the nitros are about 5 bucks more...
  4. 4x4wannabe

Stuck exhaust manifold bolt removal

hey everybody, I havent been on here for a month or so, been busy with school. Anyway, to the question. I have a 95 six lug chevy k2500 me and my dad have had for a couple months and ive been doing odds and ends to it recently to help get it in a little better shape. When we first got it, the...
  5. 4x4wannabe

New Rig

Well ive probably had this for about a month now and i got it mainly for hunting, but im sure it could pull my ranger if i ever needed to. Anyway its a 95 k2500 six lug:shok:. Its got a 305 (0-60 in a day), 14 bolt 9.5 inch semi-floater(yuk), 700 tranny just rebuilt less than 5k miles ago, and a...
  6. 4x4wannabe

Power Steering pump replacement

Hello everbody, my steering has been making lots of noise lately and my dad and I have concluded the power steering pump is bad:sad: Anyway im getting ready to go up to advance and get a new one so hopefully i can replace it tonight. My haynes book isn't to clear on bleeding the system after...
  7. 4x4wannabe

2WD Front Towhooks

Does anyone have any custom, or non-custom towhooks for their 2wd rangers that didn't come equipped with them. I would like to make some or get some made for my ranger because it currently doesn't have any safe, strong ways of attaching a tow rope to the front. This is my bumper/valence setup...
  8. 4x4wannabe

Odometer Removal

I just got my instrument cluster today with tach to replace my old non-tach cluster. The only problem I am running into is I cant figure out how to take the odometer out of the old cluster and put it into my new cluster. Does anyone know how this can be done? btw its a 00 ranger and Im replacing...
  9. 4x4wannabe

2.5L Redline

Does anyone know what the safe redline is for the 2.5L I4 ranger engine? I just bought a instrument cluster with tach to replace my old one without a tach and I'm curious whats safe for these motors.
  10. 4x4wannabe

Hello everybody!

Hello everyone, I'm Seth from Virginia. Im 16 and use my ranger as a daily driver and for hunting in the fall and for anything else I need to do. I joined because of all the great info ive already read here. Oh, and by the way I hope to buy a 4wd truck, hopefully another ranger, by the end of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad