• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1986 danger ranger

1. in tank fuel pump

Im trying to chase down a low fuel pressure problem and have dropped the tank I just need to know if there is supposed to be power to the tank pump when the key is in the run position. I assumed there is supposed to be. I can hear the pump on the frame rail energize, but I'm not getting any...
  2. fuel pressure is low

truck runs, but likes to stall if you let it idle. Idle is also inconsistent. has no power (not that it does anyway lol) and will sometimes hesitate/briefly sputter if you mash the pedal from an idle. When it doesn't sputter, throttle response is fairly good Fuel pressure is a contant 26psi...
  3. need help diagnosing engine issue

Ok first I'm new to the forum and new to these old rangers. Truck is an 86 manual 4x4 with the 2.9 EFI v6. Now here the problem. It starts fine usually. will idle fine usually. If I start to drive it, it has a terrible miss mostly all the time. It also has a terrible tick coming from cylinder...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad