• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 05MountainGoat

1. Full-body bilstein 5100 front shocks for a 2wd Edge

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a selling point of the moog CK/problem solver, made in USA upper control arm, is a uniball ball joint with more articulation and durability than the factory ball joints. It's a moot point really, I don't have a factory arm w factory ball joints to compare...
  2. Full-body bilstein 5100 front shocks for a 2wd Edge

I figured shocks off, sway bar on, there's about 2.5 inches of droop before the upper balljoint binds, 2.5 inches more than with the shocks on. Balljoint bind happens prior to frame on upper arm contact on both sides of my truck- perhaps at the same time, if measuring with the swaybar off as...
  3. Full-body bilstein 5100 front shocks for a 2wd Edge

Truck skipped sideways on a 60 degree grade FSR over a series of probably 6 dozen boulders almost buried under an FSR...100 meters off the highway. They'd just recently graded it to the point it was like swimming through gravel... those boulders under the road are the size of furniture with just...
  4. Full-body bilstein 5100 front shocks for a 2wd Edge

Note the image is from a year ago, before my front end received its full makeover
  5. Full-body bilstein 5100 front shocks for a 2wd Edge

To preface, I am posting this thread here because the 2wd Edge has the frame and suspension of a 4wd ranger from its era. After having a bilstein 4600 front shock snap at the upper weld (shock body to CV-Clearance-Stick-Thingy,) I have been looking into full body shocks for my 2wd Edge. Rancho...
  6. Improving spark, Upgraded Ignition Coil VS. OEM Equivalent

I forgot to mention that I changed the original U-joints the week before I changed the spark plugs- didn't bother to measure its impact on fuel economy alone. I was just glad it had stopped snowing minutes before I was ready to put the driveshaft back on, slipped my mind to consider measuring...
  7. Improving spark, Upgraded Ignition Coil VS. OEM Equivalent

From a fellow 3.slow driver with NGK plugs and wires... I bought my truck about 20,000kms ago, decided to do plugs/wires last month at 290k km. NGKs plugs and wires were already equipped on the truck. Reading these forums, I opted to use NGK Double Platinum "Laser." Laser just means there's a...
  8. Quick question on the starter motor...

Did you have your battery cables connected neg then pos? Or a loose pos when hooking them up? Have had that give me a click click click from starter before. Also it's totally worth it to rebuild the starter yourself. Took me about an hour to clean up an 1/8th of an inch of crusty oil on...
  9. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Cleaned an 1/8th of an inch of oil crud off my 3.0L from the oil filter down, and back. Clean starter splash shield, clean bellhousing. Found out my Y-Pipe was replaced by the previous owner when the degreaser/cleaner dripped down and washed away all the surface rust. Pulled the starter to clean...
  10. 2006 FX Level II 5.0L AWD swap, and the lessons I'm currently learning during this project...

You should investigate further SJB wire use if there are leftovers for speedo. I am no engine swap expert. But I recently broke my 05 cluster due to a bad dimmer switch LED, it worked again after I pulled the SJB logic fuse for 10 mins, fuse 10 I believe. Went from an unresponsive cluster, to...
  11. SJB 15amp Subwoofer Fuse

Fuse 12 for center console subwoofer with pos and neg pins in a sjb on a truck without a center console or subwoofer from the factory
  12. SJB 15amp Subwoofer Fuse

Decided to make an account to see if anyone knows anything about the 15amp subwoofer fuse in the SJB on an 05 Ranger. My truck came with no powered door options, no rear speakers, no center console, the base stereo, and nothing else to indicate my truck should have the pins present for a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad