• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1999 ranger

1. stamina

what are the differences between pre and post 1993 ohv 4.0’s?

i have got a complete 1999 4.0 ohv with harness and all accessories for my 1990 ranger and i don’t know all of the differences between the two (pre and post 1993/94) i already know a few of them such as the aluminum intake with no egr which i’ve already got from the yard, the wiring harness...
  2. coastventures

Wiring 1999 Ranger

Hello and good day, Does anyone know what these plug jacks are for? On the front my '99 Ranger behind the bumper are two jacks, one to the left and one to the right. The plug jacks are round and go to nothing. I was assuming that they must go to the fog lights, an option which apparently was...
  3. '99 4x4 Suspension Lift Kit HELP

Hey I'm new to posting on this forum, typically I've just been viewing, but I've been struggling a bit. I'm looking to lift my 99 Ranger 4x4, ideally 5.5" but the best I can find for my truck is the superlift 4" lift kit. I know there's 5.5" out there, I just can't seem to find any. Second to...
  4. theGreatDane

4.0 engine problems

my 1999 ranger has the 4.0 liter v6 and 4 wheel drive. my truck has presented the cylinder 6 misfire code twice in the last 6 months, which I have fixed with a new spark plug in that cylinder. The other day, however, it started stuttering heavily under load, and all of the sudden had very little...
  5. theGreatDane

Engine Problems, HELP!!!!

my 1999 ranger has the 4.0 liter v6 and 4 wheel drive. my truck has presented the cylinder 6 misfire code twice in the last 6 months, which I have fixed with a new spark plug in that cylinder. yesterday, however, it started stuttering heavily under load, and all of the sudden had very little...
  6. theGreatDane

4x4 Troubleshooting/Problems

So i have a 1999 Ranger with the 4.0l, 5 speed manual, and the electric transfer case. Up until about a month ago, everything worked perfectly. just recently, however, whenever i place it in 4x4, whether it be hi or low range, the transfer case just clicks a few times, and then stops and the...
  7. theGreatDane

Help!!!

So i have a 1999 Ranger Supercab, 4x4 with a 4.0 and a 5 speed. A few months ago it started stuttering when cold, when i would accelerate, but would go away after 5 or so minutes of driving, and often less than that when i would floor it. Yesterday, however, it started stuttering more often...
  8. Body lift kit question for 98-00 Ranger

So I was reading in the tech library and I was wondering if disconnecting the loom wires and other lines/wires is needed? Can't I just take off the bumpers and take out the radiator and simply put the blocks where the body connects to the frame? Im planning on doing this lift kit over the summer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad