• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4x4 front sway bar + 5" lowered = clearance issues?

I have the Roush front sway bar (which I read was just a rebranded 4x4 sway bar), that I want to swap in. Does anyone know if the bigger sway bar will hit the frame if the truck is lowered 5" on coil spring 2wd?
  2. For Sale 2002 2wd coil spring Roush front sway bar (29mm thickness?)

I have a never mounted 29mm Roush/4wd front sway bar up for sale. It’s for the coil spring front end. I can’t use it because I’m lowered so the bar hits the frame under compression. I bought this as a front and rear set from @laser3kw’s for sale posting...
  3. Stainless steel braided brakelines?

Is there any reason why stainless braided lines aren't available for Rangers? Is the weird, long banjo fitting able to be replaced by "normal" brakeline fittings? I want to replace the lines but I want to go with stainless braided lines, but none are available off the shelf. That made me...
  4. Welding a 7.5 rearend?

I remember back in my drifting days those of us who were too poor to afford a proper LSD welded our open diffs into a locker. I distinctly remember my tires chirping in parking lots. For those of us who aren't looking to go mudding or crawling, is welding the 7.5 a viable option to achieve...
  5. Lower control arm camber bolts??

Did the 2wd coil front have camber bolts on the lower control arms? I'm not seeing any available through RockAuto. The only camber bolts are for the upper control arms. I have those, but cannot find any for the lower arms. That's why I'm wondering if the lower arms did come with camber bolts.
  6. Which exhaust manifold for a 2.3 Duratec?

Like the title says, looking at turboing an '02 duratec engine and couldn't find any definitive info on which turbo manifold will bolt up to a non-Lima 2.3L. Thanks!
  7. Plugging the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) back in: which plug goes where?

I unplugged the GEM thinking I had to to get the dash off, and now I can remember which color plug goes forward and aft. They’re both the same plug except there’s a black and a grey plug. I’m sure it matters which goes which. This goes to an ‘02. Edit: never mind. Figured it out. Grey plug...
  8. Heater core assembly: center bolt- Where?

I’ve got all the bolts and nuts off except the elusive one behind the engine. Where the heck is it?? I’ve got the 2.3 if that matters. I just don’t see how you can get a ratchet back there to get it off, but apparently it’s possible. Any tricks to reaching that final bolt?
  9. Sway bar questions

Did the 2004 4x4s have thicker sway bars than the 2002 2wd? Will a '95 Bronco 4x4 rear sway bar fit on a '02 2wd? I'm trying to get my 2wd ready for autocross.
  10. Flipping the leaf springs is turning into a real project.

I was able to swap the front end out with Belltech springs and struts for an alleged 3" drop, but the rear is turning out to be a real doozy. It's looking like I'll need to replace the leaf's on both sides if I can't get these bolts off. It's mainly the front bolts that are not wanting to back...
  11. 2.3L ('02-'11) HVAC delete/disconnect pulley?

Hello, I want to do the HVAC delete eventually. I ordered the belt for rangers w/o AC. Would it be safe hook the belt to the rest of the pulleys sans AC pulley, and just let the AC stuff sit there idle? It's not getting used anyway.
  12. Sway bar end link length?

Would we need to be cutting some length off the sway bar end links since we're lowering the suspension in order to keep the geometry, or no? I just ordered the Moog bushings and links and thought of this. @stmitch ?
  13. Fuel efficient exhaust size?

For the D-tec 2.3L (I'm guessing that's what I have since mine is an '02), what is the stock tubing? 2"? What did everyone have luck with? When I had the KA24DE (Nissan 2.4L truck engine), I had luck with a 2.5" cat-back. I'd like to hear some discussion on the pluses and minuses of...
  14. Project Eco-Mod rat, sleeper, 4-banger, thing

Used to have one these back in the day. Sold it to Ryan Tuerek of Drift Alliance in 2010. He used it as his missile car until its demise. Sad. That thing was fully built. Stitch welded, caged, suspensioned, swapped, riced, etc. Recently started this Ranger that I originally got as a work...
  15. DJM Arms + Belltech springs?

When combined, DJM arms + Belltech 3" drop springs would make for a 5" drop in front. I read that stock springs won't fit the DJM (lower) arms, so would that also be the case with Belltech? Anyone know for sure?
  16. Shackles: OEM or DJM?

Both shackles are shot. I want to lower with the DJM flip kit ~5 inches. I noticed the DJM shackle +DJM bracket only lowers 3 inches. If I were to get OEM replacement shackle + DJM bracket, will I get the 5 inches I want?
  17. Body mounts?

While replacing the front bumper, I noticed the body mounts are rusted to hell. I need to replace these obviously. Rockauto has those Energy Suspension kits for ~$200. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6395526&cc=1385692&jsn=249 Are they worth it? How much of a difference did you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad