• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DankTank

Aftermarket Cold Air Intakes?

A while ago, my stock air box fell apart on me, and I've been using that K&N filter that fits right on to the throttle body as a temp until I can find a better solution. Unfortunately, any stock units are either smashed to pieces, or just plain missing on the trucks at my local junkyard. And I...
  2. DankTank

Converting power windows to manual...

Hey all! Haven't posted in a while. So, I have my 1986 XLT Ranger, and recently the passenger window motor died. The motor clicks, but otherwise does nothing. If that was it, I would have just left it alone, except it died while the window was down. I don't like leaving my windows down, so I...
  3. DankTank

Daily Down!

I'm in a bad mood and need to rant right now. So, my daily driver, my 2008 Acura TL stopped cranking. I walked over to it mashing the unlock button like I tend to do, and got a bad feeling when the car didn't blink at me. all the lights are dim and only 4 diagnostic lights are coming on. And...
  4. DankTank

'86 Ranger, The "Dank Tank" or "A Craigslist Failure Story"

We need a separate forum for these. Not a 4x4, not a mini truck... Just a guy building up his Ranger! This has been a long time coming! I bought the truck in October from an old man who was trying to fix it up. He took me for a ride and I was satisfied. And before you ask, yes, I bought a...
  5. DankTank

2.9L EGR Questions

I have a '86 Ranger running a '87 V6 and want to check the EGR system. I've heard most cars can detect if the EGR is inactive/not connected and can correct timing, fuel, etc... accordingly. Although I'm not sure if my '86 computer can do that or not. I'd like to be able to disconnect the EGR to...
  6. DankTank

What happened to my Subaru wagon?

I'm a bit confused right now... So, I bought a 1992 Subaru Loyale off CL with the intention to turn it into a 4x4 trail buggy. The ad says the car won't idle. Fine. Worst case I can scrap it and even make money off the deal. I get there and sure enough the car dies instantly even though it...
  7. DankTank

'92 Loyale Engine Trouble.

So, I just bought a Subaru Loyale wagon off craigslist. The ad said that the car would no longer idle (i.e. stalls without a helping of throttle). I immediately found the issue when i went to look at the car. The guy who owned it had given it to his son after the kid totaled his last car. Since...
  8. DankTank

Introductions, and my Ranger

Well, here I am. I've always been a gamer and PC enthusiast, so i'm pretty new to this automotive stuff. My roommate helps me out most of the time. enough about me though, I should also introduce my truck and the reason I'm on this forum. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9L V6 2WD. I call her the Dank...
  9. DankTank

Starting Issues with my '86

So, I bought my 1986 Ranger XLT over half a year ago. in January, I had an engine from an '87 B2 installed by a reputable shop. Now I'm having 3 issues that are more than likely linked in some way. First, the truck doesn't "kick off" in the traditional sense. More like it just "sustains"...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad