• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Can't get inspection because of codes p1131 and p0135

I drive a 98 ranger 2.5l. In preparation for getting my inspection this month, I bought a code reader, because the previous owner disabled the doom light. I got a BUNCH of codes back, and realized they were all on one fuse, and likely due to a short. Turns out, the last time I dropped my trans...
  2. Both headlights went out at once, it's NOT the multi function switch, what could it b

Pretty much the title says it all. 1998 2.5 ranger, headlights both went out, high beams work if I hold em back. Wasn't the MFS, dropped 80 bucks for one. Where and how should I check for the cause?
  3. 5th gear throw getting worryingly long

When I got my 98 (2.5l m5od) it had a pretty long throw for 5th. Nothing too crazy, the throw was pretty long in all gears due to the extended shifter. When I had to replace my slave cylinder, the throw for 5 and r actually got SHORTER, maybe 3/4 or what it was for the other gears. Over the last...
  4. Advice for replacing the slave cylinder?

So, I'm fairly certain my slave cylinder crapped out the other day. In the middle of the day I suddenly couldn't shift into any gear. At first if I really pushed it I could change gears, but now it's gone same feeling as when I incorrectly bled it. I popped off the "quick" disconnect, pedal was...
  5. Trying to diagnose hard shifting in M5OD

I've owned a 98 ranger 2.5l with the M5OD for about 6 months. It was given to me for free by an old boss, and it's really turned me around on these little trucks. Obviously it can't tow like my old 5.4 f150, but it gets decent mpg and I don't have any problems as long as I stay away from short...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad