• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Axle swap questions

I run a salvage yard, so I have access to lots of front axles and rear axles. My question is, what is the easiest solid front axle to swap into a 2003 with minimal work? I am assuming a jeep Cherokee axle would be the easiest, but what would be the next step up without a bunch of fabrication...
  2. No right turn or brake.

I have a 2003 4.0 4x4. The trailer wire harness seems to originate from the front of the truck. Any one know where it starts ? Is there a plug in, can I just buy a new harness from Ford? It is all ran with the factory wire harness.
  3. Got these for my 2003 4.0.

So another member here posted about these headers from Amazon. So I thought I would give them a try. Just came UPS yesterday. They look fairly well made. The flange is at least 3/8 thick, I haven't measured it, but should have minimal warping and leaking issues. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Hi, my name is Steve, and I too own a Ranger.

I am from Idaho, I run a salvage yard. My first ranger was a 1998 extra cab step side with a 4 banger and a 5 speed, I sold it many moons ago. Just a few weeks ago I picked up a 2003 fleet side extra cab with a 4.0v6 and a 5 speed 4x4 this time. For now I have a cheap add a leaf and Torsion...
  5. The Ins and outs of a Salvage yard.

Reading through some of the past and present posts, I have noticed that some could use a little more information to make finding used parts a little easier. I manage a salvage yard in Idaho, so I thought I would share some history and information some might fight interesting and useful. The...
  6. Scott B.'s Sleeping Platform Build

Cool, thanks for the advise. I am not much of a wood worker. And ya those drawers get heavy when they are loaded. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Scott B.'s Sleeping Platform Build

haha, Tapatalk lets me post pictures. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Scott B.'s Sleeping Platform Build

I did a very basic version of what you have, I did full length pull out drawers. ply wood top and bottom with a 2X6 side and a divider. The drawers are 1X6 sides with a ply wood bottom. The top is just wide enough to slide in through the tail gate opening. I used role on bed liner from Lowes...
  9. What size?

Going to pick up a set of headers for 2003 4.0 V6 with a manual trans. I have made the mistake of putting to much exhaust on a truck before and lost quite a bit of bottom end, I don't want to do that again. So what size seems to be the best for the 4.0? Along with headers, I will probably do...
  10. Is the FX4 Level II a Locking axle?

Is the rear axle in a FX4 Level II a limited slip, or a true locker? If its a true locker, what do I need to get the locker to work? Is it computer controlled, or is it basically the same as any other E-Locker? It seems to me that for $500 plus freight ($150-200) for a bolt in part, seems...
  11. Looking for advice

I am new to the forum, so I hope I am asking in the right area. I just picked up a 4X4 2003 xtra cab xlt with a 4.0 and a standard trans. I am pretty sure I will need to replace the front drive shaft soon. I checked Tom Woods, and they have a double cardan for a little less than what I can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad