• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Looking for pre August of 01 explorer engine plug diagram

I cannot find a diagram for donor 01 explorer 4.0 engine...went dealer and library..seems Ford changed the body to engine plug in August 01...and cannot pull this yup anymore..generally referred to as connector c115 on the revised diagram...it's located on the left side of engine and connects...
  2. Wiring a 2001 4.0 into a 99 former 3.0

Figured I'd get better chance of figuring out these issues.. I need figure out column wiring.. I have 99 ranger 3.0 installing a 2001 explorer 4.0..i grabbed the ecm column keys a 2001 ranger 4.0..i have 1 plug drivers of column and one on the that interface...wiring looks propper number...
  3. 01 explorer 4.0 sohc into 99 xlt ranger

Well I've got the 2001 ranger 4.0 donor column and ecm installed into my 99 factory 3.0 ranger. I pulled 4.0 sohc motor trans and t-case from 2001 explorer....which i hopefully will have dropped into 99 ranger this weekend... But i noticed while looking at the empty engine bay my truck the...
  4. It's alive!!!

Went with my buddy to the local n pull to find a 4.0 to swap into my 99 xlt 4x4...the 3.0 had cracked heads when i bought it..and cracked bad enough to become undriveable after 3 months... So we grabbed battery from pic n pull to try n crank over few engines...make sure they sound ok and...
  5. 4.0 swap....cruise control questions

Well i started collecting parts for my 3.0 to 4.0 swap....i found a 2001 xlt 4x4 extended cab at pick n pull...4.0 engine..i pulled the ecm from the firewall...and grabbed the column...the airbag was removed from the steering wheel...there's 2 plugs under the airbag..i found the airbag and it...
  6. New to forum..looking for help with revamped 4.0 e vin into 99 3.0 ranger

Been lurking for coupe weeks..trying gather enough info to swap 3.0 for 4.0...old guy 60 years old..master mechanic on heavy and medium duty trucks..semis...been building hot rods n 4x4's for years...so the doing isn't a problem...just need you guys brain power...lots of good info here.. So...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad