• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. R12 Recovery Near Houston TX?

Good afternoon and happy Saturday ladies and gents! As the post title states, I'm looking for a shop that recovers R12 in or around Houston. I've had ZERO luck with all the shops I've called and none seem to know any other shops that can even recover R12 anymore. To be clear, I'm NOT trying...
  2. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

All done! Finally... No current pics to post, but it's up and running well. Opted to not tie into my AC lines. Makes my life easier and here in Houston if I'm sitting in traffic the fans gonna be on anyway. Don't want to add in another relay that probably wont see much use anyway. Not to...
  3. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Roger dodger! I appreciate the help! Once I have it running and all the bugs worked out I'll do that. Hopefully I'll have the adapter mid week.
  4. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Haha thanks man! I was pretty upset with myself for such a silly mistake. Cost me about $50 to replace the pipe and buy the PROPER size adapter. Not a cheap mistake for sure. That's good to know! Aside from getting lucky at garage sales do you have a suggested place to buy a good variety in...
  5. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Also think it might be worthwhile to mention that all the tie ins I did to existing wiring in the fuse box are completely reversible as I tried to show in some of the pics. In case I effed something up, I wanted it to be a relatively easy fix. Makes it a bit messy, but once it's all stuffed back...
  6. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Had to pull the temp switch off as it was leaking when I tested it. Turns out I'm an idiot and ordered a 3/8" BSP adapter, and not a 3/8" NPT adapter... Destroyed the threads in the aluminum pipe, (cause if it leaks, I tighten... Bad call in this case...) and now I'm waiting for the PROPER...
  7. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Under hood fuse box is a bit of a rats nest right now. Tied in to a few wires here and there for power or other things as needed. Also used the two free slots for my fan relays. As of now I'm trying to figure out a way to run the fan off of my A/C WOT relay without a third relay as I don't...
  8. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Fan cut off switch mounted and installed. Used that bracket I found at Lowe's and a metal drill bit to fit the switch. Had an old switch cover laying around that I popped on there for safety. Not as good as a three prong LED switch, but it will work, I think. Location is out of the way, and...
  9. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

This is how it's currently mounted.
  10. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

I ran into a bit of a snag earlier in the week. As you can see, the retaining clip is missing on the front. I didn't realize it until I hooked the fan up for a test and heard a nice grumbling grinding sound instead of the whir of the fan blades. Contacted Summit and they had a replacement sent...
  11. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Remounted the fan after struggling trying to build a fan shroud. This turned out to be easier. I also think making a fan shroud for it as it is now will be easier than as it was if I need to, but I doubt it. It sits VERY close to the radiator now.
  12. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Ahhhh. I see. Good to know! I'm still learning, for sure. Haha
  13. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Roger. My concern was that connecting the +12V to a ground through the relay would short out the circuit, no? Unless the circuit operates by connecting to +12V on the A/C side already... I'm not sure though, I need to check the schematics to see exactly what power flow is where I'm tying in. The...
  14. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Like this instead, right?
  15. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

So instead if I were to tie 85 into a +12V that would allow it to complete the circuit through the A/C system as it kicks on, right? Instead of just grounding it out through the relay as I have drawn.
  16. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Tying in the +12V to a ground through a relay is going to activate the A/C circuit wont it?
  17. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Hmmmm... I don't think I have the A/C relay wired properly.
  18. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Hmmm... Roger. That makes sense. I have a 40 amp circuit breaker wired in already. I could just run both power wires from that to each of the 30 pins, then no need for a bus bar too.
  19. E-fan Swap Question 1993 3.0 4x4 Splash

Well that was disappointing. Just heard back from Derale. They just resent the shitty diagram they included in the box. So I suppose I'll just take the advice I've heard here from you guys and see what happens. Lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad