• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 Ranger 2.9 bad ICM?

Ignition Coil seems to be firing in a strange way. Hooked up a spark plug test light thing and it only flashes when I first turn the key to crank it over and once or twice when I let off the key. List of things I've replaced trying to solve this -new plugs -new wires -new ignition coil -new ICM...
  2. 2.9 fuel issue?

I have a 1988 xlt 4x4 ford ranger with the 2.9. This is my first project vehicle so I am not very experienced and just got out of highschool. I was driving home the other night and smelled gas. In a rush to get home I continued driving. The next morning I went out to check on it and found that...
  3. 88 Ranger overheating BAD PLEASE HELP

I bought an 88 ranger xlt 2.9 4x4 recently and it's had some issues overheating. I replaced the radiator, thermostat, hoses, and flushed the system, and added an aftermarket temp gage. This morning the truck ran fine, idled around 180-190 but tonight it's been sitting at 230 -245 while I drive...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad