• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Spdrcer34

My $400 Ranger...1988 XLT

We have always been a Ford Family...my dad had a 1987 Standard Cab ranger growing up...An `89 Tempo (Tempo should have been called Temp....as it was a Temp. solution to getting something better)..My mom drove a Mazda Protege for a while...My wifes family has always had Fords....And to top it all...
  2. Spdrcer34

It runs if I 'hot wire' the fuel pump...

1988 Ranger XLT 2.9L 2WD M/T The Ranger has BRAND NEW Fuel Pumps, and a BRAND NEW Relay... {edit} I'm not sure if the CORRECT relay was replaced...{end edit} I have gotten both pumps to run if I direct wire them to the battery.. Then I installed them, and when I cycle the key, the tank pump...
  3. Spdrcer34

Saleen Explorer?!?

There were 119 Saleen Explorers made from 1998 to 2001....I'd say they qualify as a Rare RBV..... I know they are posted on OTHER sites....why not here? Anyone here have one? Ryan
  4. Spdrcer34

Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks July 16-18

There are quite a few of us that are going to be running out to Naches Pass on July 16-18... All are welcome to join us... Here is the original thread on ExplorerForum for more information http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246424 Ryan
  5. Spdrcer34

Mustang Scoop into Explorer/Ranger Hood

This is the first of a few of my Body Mods that I plan on doing...since I am at a point where I know I will be the first to do it, I am letting you guys know what I am doing. I wanted a modified hood, BAD. It is the LAST body panel that I have yet to modify. But I HATE the Cowl Induction...
  6. Spdrcer34

18 inch geniuses

I would bet those are Mustang Wheels...or Wheels that came off of a Mustang. Do you have a pic of the wheel that you can post? How wide are the rims? There is usually a number cast in the the inner part of the rim....18x9 JJ or somthing along those lines.. What is the backspace? And Offset...
  7. Spdrcer34

DJM drop kit

Doetsch Tech...or something like that..... Ryan
  8. Spdrcer34

Laws by state

The only info I found in my quick search of the Tennesee Code dealt with LIFTED trucks.... 55-9-215. Operation of motor vehicle without adequate energy absorption system prohibited — Alteration of altitude from ground level of passenger car prohibited — Modification of front end by lift blocks...
  9. Spdrcer34

Life Story of a Lowered Explorer....

Tub it....That's my advise!...I COULD go lower, but the body is the way.... I am also doing an Independant Rear Suspension.....That way I don't have to hack up the transmission tunnel. Ryan
  10. Spdrcer34

Laws by state

In the State of Washington: No part of the frame can hang lower than the lowest part of the Rim/wheel. Meaning that my drop (5/6) would be illegal with the stock 15" rim. But since I have 18" Saleen wheels, I am legal. Ryan
  11. Spdrcer34

And here are more pics of the hood, and me laying it out... All my posted pics are hosted through ImageShack, and they are clickable thumbnails. Clicking on them will open the fullsize picture in a new window. Ryan
  12. Spdrcer34

Funny story about that last pic... My wife took that pic of me while I was cutting the frame, and welding in the new C-notch...She made some comment like 'Let me get one last picture of you with all your fingers'....or something along those lines... Well a couple years later, I was at home...
  13. Spdrcer34

I honestly have about 500+ pics of it. I am very good at documenting EVERYTHING I have done to it... Ryan
  14. Spdrcer34

Front: 255/55-18 (Stock size on Saleen Explorers) Rear: 285/50-18 (yeah...it's ALOT of rubber!) 285mm of rubber + 300 ft. lbs @ Crank + 4500lb SUV = 3 broken M5OD's in 2.5 years... Ryan
  15. Spdrcer34

Lowering a 2wd bronco II.

Not going to happen. You won't have the ground clearance. You need drop I-beams. With 2" drop springs. And alignment eccentric bushings. That will get you 5" of drop. That is what I did for 5" of drop on my Explorer. Ryan
  16. Spdrcer34

I've been on here a few weeks, and I just found you guys in this sub-forum. I bought my White 1992 Explorer a few years ago from my sister. She inherited it from my aunt when she passed away. My aunt was the 2nd owner. When I was a teenager she used to drive me and my friends EVERYWHERE in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad