• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Hunting idle only after warm start 88 2.3l

So my 88 2.3l runs as it should when started cold, rpm gradually decreased down to 700 or so when warm and idles normally. However once I shut it off for a few minutes and go back to start it when the engine is still warm, it hunts between 300 and 900 rpm and stalls out at stops. Runs fine when...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1988 High idle when warm

Running out of ideas with this one. When I bought the truck it idled normally. Now it idles cold at 700 rpm and warm at 1100. So it’s doing the opposite of what it’s supposed to. When I remove IAC plug when warm it drops to 700 and runs great ? It started idling differently after I replaced...
  3. Wanted: 1983-88 ranger, 4 cyl.

Back in October, after completing a cross country trip, my 1986 rangers transmission crapped out in Kansas City. Mistakenly sold it, and now I'm looking for another old ranger: 4 cyl. tan, brown, two tone red or blue, or solid powder blue. Topper is a plus, manual tranny is a plus. 2.3 fuel...
  4. Replicating a decal on an 86 ranger

Recently had to replace front drivers side fender panel on my ranger. I need to replicate the old decal to complete the repair but am unsure where to find the materials to do it. Any suggestions?
  5. Mystery metal in A4LD transmission pan

Hey all, I have a 1986 ranger with 120k miles 2.3l engine and an A4LD transmission. Twice over the past week I've shifted either from reverse to drive or park to drive and it hasn't shifted. It did drive fine when I turned it off put it in park and restarted. Since I hadn't changed the fluid...
  6. 86 2.3 Big difference between city and highway mpg

I have been keeping tabs on mileage for my 1986 2.3 auto ranger and it's causing some head scratching. Hes getting about 24-25 mpg on the highway, which appears in line with fuel economy specs I've found online, but only about 15 in the city, which should be more like 19mpg according to the same...
  7. 86 ranger 2.3 egr solenoid leak?

Hey guys, I bought a nice old pawpaw owned ranger, low mileage, in good shape a couple months back, have given it a tuneup and timing belt change, but I haven't been able to figure out why the idle hunts slightly. It's also getting bad fuel mileage for the engine (about 15 city). The other...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad