• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '93 Ranger stalled, hasn't restarted

My '93 Ranger (2.3L, 5-sp) stalled out on me a few days ago and haven't been able to get her restarted. I get approx. 42 psi of fuel to the rail and there is spark, but just spins when cranking (no signs of life!). I've changed the fuel filter and when I pinched the return line, the pressure...
  2. '93 alternator wire burnt

Recently put in a "90's" Mustang 2.3L engine, along with a few new accessories ( alternator, radiator, a/c compressor,...) and had complete electrical failure coming home the other night. Dash lights suddenly went dim and noticed the Volt gauge at 9 ("Bat" symbol was NOT lit up). Anyway...
  3. "Bat" light / volt gauge

'93 2.3 manual, "Bat" light stays on and ONLY when decelerating (clutch depressed) my volt gauge drops to 9-ish (the "N" of "Normal"), all lights dim and truck stumbles a bit. I'm getting 14.4V to the battery. When driving the "Bat" light stays on, but volt gauge stays on the "m" or "a". Belt...
  4. A/C compressor... Sanden or FS10???

Pricing out a/c compressors for my '93 2.3L manual and notice quite a bit of difference in pricing between "Sanden" and "FS10" (Sanden's higher). What's the difference between them and how do I know which one I have? * I do not have access to the truck at this moment, so if I just need to look...
  5. '93 Ranger... Where does this harness go?

Putting the wraps on installing a '91 Mustang 2.3L in my '93 Ranger and have a "left-over" two-wire harness... The wires going to the connector are Black w/ Pink stripe and Purple w/ Red stripe. Any idea where this plugs into...??? [/URL][/IMG] The big white connector is the other end of it...
  6. '91 Mustang 2.3L into '93 Ranger

Have a '91 Mustang 2.3L for a '93 Ranger.... will the Mustang's oil pan work in the Ranger?
  7. Rod Bearing replacement, 2.3L

I've pretty much determined that my "clacking" sound is rod bearings (thanks to all who replied to that post!). Now for the FUN part; doing the job! I know that removing the oil pan is a definite NO w/o at least raising the engine... my main questions are: 1) How high must I raise the engine...
  8. '93 Mustang 2.3L for a '93 Ranger...???

Just weighing my options and wanted to be sure a '93 Mustang w/ 2.3L (5-sp) is a good donor for my '93 Ranger w/ 2.3 (5-sp). This is a salvage yard car and I haven't even seen it yet, but before wasting my time, wanted to be sure the engine is a good swap for the Ranger. (just engine, not...
  9. 2.3 "clacking" under load or snapping the throttle

'93 2.3L is currently "clacking" when under load, but only after it warms up (driving a mile or so, here in FL). I can only reproduce this noise when in Neutral if I quickly snap the throttle (and again, only when warmed-up). Noise is (or seems to be) from under the valve cover, but it holds a...
  10. Installing '98 2.5 alternator in '93 2.3

Was there a change in the '98 2.5 alternator that would prevent it from working in a '93 2.3? I grabbed the '98 2.5 alternator from a salvage yard, since there weren't any '92 - '97's on the lot (which I believe are direct replacements), but it looks identical to the '93 2.3 version in my truck...
  11. Pressing on Power Steering Pulley...???

I'm in the process of changing my Power Steering Pump and at the point of pressing on the pulley, but after getting about 3 "ribs" on, the pump rotates as I turn the nut on the installation tool (supplied w/ the pump - it's just a bolt, nut and washer). I tried holding the pulley while turning...
  12. Very high reving until come to stop...

'93 2.3L 5-speed... recently started reving very high (don't have a tach, but estimate in the 2,500 - 3,000 area) and doesn't come down until I'm almost at a complete stop. Scanned it and getting a few Ignition faults (223 - Dual Plug, SPOUT or IDM circuit fault, and 224 - Failure in ignition...
  13. A/C blowing out of Floor and Defrost Vents

A friends 2000 Ranger (4-cyl, manual) a/c is only (or mostly?) blowing out of the top Defrost vent and Floor vents... very little from Dash vents. I have not yet looked at the vehicle, so just wanted a starting place... Is this possibly a vacuum issue? Are these controls still vacuum operated...
  14. Keeping "recirculation" on / active...???

With the noticeable engine power loss when the a/c compressor is engaged, is there a way to keep "recirculation" on, when the a/c is turned off? I'm getting 40' F out of the vents, but as soon as a/c is turned off, it climbs so rapidly that it seems outside air MUST be coming in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad