• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. CA legal Catalytic Converter

Hi gang. I’m pretty good at research but couldn’t find a cat that’s CA legal anywhere online except thru the dealer and they want $2700!! My truck is a 2011 2.3 auto. Even the carb legal ones say they’re not legal for sale or use in CA. What gives?! How can I get new cats for my truck? Both need...
  2. 2.3 Duratec pinging/loss of power

I’m having this same problem right now. Did you ever find the problem and solve it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not handy enough to be the guinea pig that can solve issues that arise, nor am I rich enough. I just got a motorcycle so I'll get my need for speed out of it instead of the Ranger. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

That may become a reality some day lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the info. A manual trans would have definitely been a better choice and more fun. I wish someone made a supercharger for these trucks. That would be an easy way to get a bunch of more power and many of them are carb legal in cali. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

Awesome, man, thanks! I'll start searching for an article or video on how to remove the clutch fan and see if I can do it myself. I'll also see if there are any tuners in my area. What about a built motor? Does anyone build up these motors and sell them? That would be ideal as it would still...
  7. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

Thank you for the excellent info, Stmitch! I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes the 2.3eb was a simple swap. Oh well. As far as the clutch fan goes, does it restore enough power to make it worth it? I probably won't be able to feel anything less than 10 horsepower, right? Sent from my...
  8. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

That's a lot of miles! Mine with 178k still runs good too. Anyone know about the 2.3 eco post swap? Is anyone doing it? That would be 300hp instantly Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

Thanks for the bad news. Lol! Seriously tho, thanks for the info. I wanted to avoid dropping buckets of cash chasing minimal gains. I don't want to remove the ac because I use it year-round. I was thinking about a custom tune since I couldn't find any canned tunes. Is there a good tuner that...
  10. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

As the title states, I'd like to add some power to my 2.3 automatic 2011 but I live in CA. It's bone stock right now with 179k miles on it. Since I live in CA I can't just throw a turbo on it because I have to get a smog check every two years. What can I do to add some power and still pass the...
  11. What's up

Hi everyone. I'm from Monterey, Ca and I picked up a 2011 Ranger xl sc 2wd 2.3l about a year ago. It's my work truck but since I mainly just drive around I've been fixing it up a bit. I put some 18" wheels off a '13 mustang gt on it, painted the front bumper cover and valance to match the body...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad