• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Same old problem?

Ron very helpful 2 yrs ago with my 89 2.9 4x4. 2 months it stumbled and codes said tps, again!The miles in 2 yrs less than 5k. Replaced tps and it ran great, redid suspension and exhaust, wonderful...until the other day when it died....again less than 400miles in last 2 months. The only way to...
  2. Erratic running 2.9

89 2.9 4x4 auto has had new distib, computer, coil, and tps. Ran great for about 3kmiles suddenly would die. Obd1 indicated faulty tps (which had been replaced) so replaced again. Ran fine for about 1 tank of gas then would suddenly die. If I modulate the throttle quickly and keep the revs up...
  3. Sputter backfire stall 89 auto 4x4

You folks were of great help one year ago. This 89 2.9 4x4 auto has been running perfect but after a easy 2 mile drive when I started my return trip it stated to buck backfire and stumble. No throttle modulation could help as it lost and was losing power fast. 5k miles ago new distrib, eco, coil...
  4. 89 wipers not working

My 89 Rangers wipers will not work. Replaced motor and wiper stalk nothing. Circuit (?) breaker OK. I understand there is a relay/module or delay control somewhere. I can't locate it and don't know what it looks like as some part stores show 2 different appearing parts. Any help would be...
  5. 89 4x4 ranger will not start

I would like to thank the response to my last question 7/5/16 but cannot find it. This 89 2.9 4x4 auto will turn over but will not start. It had always started and ran perfect. There is fuel in the tank. This truck started and after backing up instantly died. It cranks, has fuel pressure at...
  6. 1989 4x4 doesn't start

This truck with a 2.9 and auto has always run fine, starts perfect. Last week it started and backed up only to die. Cranks over but no fuel at pressure relief valve, no spark, no tech, no check engine light. Lights, horn, radio, heater blower all work. All leads to fuel tank test positive...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad