• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Texican65

Loss of RPM’s & rough idle, at start-up

Well… I done swapped the TPS out…and so far she’s running like she’s supposed to. No issues like before, hopefully it stays that way. Thanks again for all the help guys.
  2. Texican65

Thank you very much…I’ll try that and reply how it goes!
  3. Texican65

Hi, thanks for the replies. No it wasn’t the line to the MAP… And I took her for a spin again…and same issue. So…I figured I’d ask the OBD1 what it thought. The numbers I got, if reading it correctly, were 11, 11, 163, 63. 11 apparently means system working…couldn’t find a 163….and 63 is...
  4. Texican65

Cool…thanks for the help. While looking for the MAP sensor…I found a very small 1/8” line running to the vacuum tree on the left side of the intake manifold…and it was ripped in half. I taped it back together with rescue tape…started the truck up…and she ran just fine. Took her for a test...
  5. Texican65

Hi guys! My ‘89 Ranger 2.9L w/ 150,000 miles is doing something odd. I drove it around all morning, no problems, let it sit 3 hours, went to pick my kid up from school and…. When I cranked it up, the “check engine” light came on…which I have never seen in 15 years of owning the truck, and the...
  6. Texican65

Oops...now heaters not working!

Well...update for anybody that may care. I flushed the cooling system, replaced the heater core $27...and replaced the thermostat, and SHAZAAM! She’s cranking out heat better than she has in 10 years. Very happy about it, and, it was super easy to change out the core. Next time though, I’ll...
  7. Texican65

What’s the proper T-stat? And are different brands of cores better than others? thanks, Dow
  8. Texican65

Well...I gave the core the ol’ garden hose flush. I didn’t notice it being clogged on either end...both pipes had a steady gush of water. Maybe I’ll just drain and flush the whole system, install a new core and thermostat and keep my fingers crossed. $40 for a new core...and as stated...
  9. Texican65

WOW! Now that is some GOOD info! Thanks very much Ron. I’ll try all of that directly! I had no idea about the core being “non directional”. Dow
  10. Texican65

Thanks Mike. I was worried that might be the case. Can the heater core be flushed or cleaned out with something...or just order a new one?
  11. Texican65

Or... When I went to dump this stuff in the radiator, there was no room for it, so I let the truck warm up with the cap off, when it warmed up...and the T-stat opened, it belched some coolant out. I added the “sealer” and also some more coolant. Could there be air in the system somehow fouling...
  12. Texican65

Hi guys, My ‘89 Ranger had a small radiator fin leak...so I dumped in a bottle of “K-seal” coolant leak repair. Fixed the leak...but now my heater is putting out luke warm heat. What’s the most likely culprit to be clogged up...thermostat, heater core, mixing valve, control valve? Or could it...
  13. Texican65

'89 Ranger/Wont crank/electrical issue?

Thanks for checking. I’m not sure if mine fell off when I took the switch out of the column, or if it just doesn’t have one. But when I re-install the switch, I want it to be right, don’t want to rip the column and get under the dash again to get at this thing. I removed the negative ground...
  14. Texican65

Hey there...still messing with this. What’s the little thin metal wire in the middle of your ignition switch photo? Mine doesn’t have that, wondering if it should? Dow
  15. Texican65

Well...after quite a fight...I got the ignition switch off. Ford definitely made it so they didn't want the owner messing with this......what a pain! See anything that looks worn or out of the ordinary? Looks ok to me...but this is the first one I've ever handled. Thanks, Dow
  16. Texican65

Well...I went out to try the jumper theory....but the (new) battery is completely DEAD. It went from being brand new and just sitting in the truck for a few days to completely dead. And How can you tell if a cable is bad? They look fine to me, everything nice and tight. The positive wire goes...
  17. Texican65

Thanks Paulo..I found it. It's right inside the dash directly on top of the column, below the speedometer and gauge assembly. Looks like a pretty crummy spot to put it, not easily accessible by any means. I'm going to try other options at this point, before I try getting to that switch. Any...
  18. Texican65

Oh boy! Ya, yours must be pre—1989...I traced the wires all the way down the column, and they just go to a huge taped wire harness behind/under the dash. From there...I can’t find the switch. What a pain, there’s plenty of room to have put the switch right by the key like yours. Could it be...
  19. Texican65

Hey Paulo, this is what I’m working with. I don’t see a switch like you’re talking about.
  20. Texican65

Hi Paulos, What I’m calling the ignition switch is the part I insert the key in and turn....is there another switch somewhere else? Thanks, Dow

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad