• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

I'm in the salt city part of the country also. I use to drive full-size vans and the front brake lines would not last more than a couple of years. The oil rust stop treatments help but what a mess when there is work to do. I am thinking about getting a Jasper engine for the 2000 Ranger...
  2. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

thanks for the feedback and info. I think I will eventually replace all my lines with rotors and rear cylinders too. All the tips from everyone help a lot. I have a 2000 Ranger so everything is getting worn. I didn't realize that there is a brake section. Thanks for moving it over.
  3. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

Lol, I should have thought of that! Now that you mention it. I remember seeing those once. Since I have gone through all this, I think they are very necessary. I would still need good cheaters! Those are some fine threads.
  4. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

For those who have an interest in the solution: This comment is long but it was necessary for me to determine. If not I would have stripped the rear block and it would have cost me a lot of time and money to replace parts in the rear of my truck. Well, I had a problem but I was able to...
  5. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

I see, now it makes sense. I can get a bubble flare line and cut just one end off and slip on the new ends, and use the tool for an inverted flare on the cut end. My hunch was correct the threads are slightly different. I know enough not to force anything. I will buy the new ends and check if...
  6. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

Hello, I am replacing a section of the brake line's original equipment. It goes from near the driver's seat to the back rubber hose block. the line is 3/16 inch and the line up near the seat is a bubble flare and the back block at the rubber hose is an inverted flare. Can someone tell me what...
  7. drivers door does not close tight

oh great, that is easy. I actually thought about taking the striker pole off and grinding the holes oblong. What your saying is there already is room for adjustment with the striker pole. Thanks that helps a lot.
  8. drivers door does not close tight

hello, I am thinking that the latch mechanism in the door is worn and needs to be replaced. The hinges seem good. The door seems to be in alignment. The catch or striker seems to be good. When the door is latched it moves to the point where you want to slam the door to close it but it still...
  9. best jack for my ranger?

thanks for the feedback on the question. I do have stock suspension to answer the one question brought up. I think I will get a screw jack because I do have the long handle that came with the truck. I have to be honest, I am wondering where the heck the screw jack is placed? my guess is the on...
  10. best jack for my ranger?

hello, I do not have a jack for my 2000 ranger. Can anyone advise my best option for travel use. Something I can put behind the seat. My instinct tells me a bottle jack and some wooden 4 x 4 pieces. thanks for a reply ask a question and be a fool for a minute/don't ask a question and be a...
  11. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

thanks for the info, ever since I took up the slack in the throttle cable it runs like new. I wonder if the signal to the computer was being fouled up when it had much slack. The engine since I purchased the truck a few years back has always had a rattle noise during acceleration, a preignition...
  12. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

I always appreciate the information I obtained here. It has saved me hundreds of dollars in mechanic fees. thank you.
  13. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

lol, I did know, I thought of that when I typed the word, but I really do not know the way things work completely, I guess its fuel injection. I have no idea why there are 8 spark plugs either! I would assume to burn that fuel an extra time? I use to be learning, and a working mechanic back in...
  14. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

yes I agree, it seems a bit excessive. I am going to plan on a new cable I agree, I am going to look into buying a new cable. I would like to use this rust free ranger for a long while. thanks.
  15. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

you better believe the throttle cable makes Engine go vroom vroom. I had this ranger for about 4 to 5 years now. I would have never known the throttle cable was stretched if it was not for the bracket at the carburetor breaking. Now that I used the above method to take the slope out of the...
  16. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

excellent. I had a few other options that are much more time involved. I kept thinking that even a bicycle has adjusters on the brake and shift cables, so I had that type of adjustment in mind. the zip ties are so easy and effective! I have no idea why the bracket broke in half on my manifold. I...
  17. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

hello, I appreciate if anyone has experience with this. to give you the history of the problem for some reason the bracket that holds the throttle cable to the engine (manifold) at the carburetor broke for some unknown reason. I welded it together and the gas peddle works now. Although the gas...
  18. stock jack for 2000 ranger regular cab, long bed

thank you, makes sense to me, I need a new one and I am sure the harbor freight one will be fine. I will scrap the one I have from 30 years ago and it was a cheap one to begin with.
  19. stock jack for 2000 ranger regular cab, long bed

thanks for all the info from everyone, much appreciated. I will end up keeping the bottle jack and pieces of 2X6 and if I could make a top attachment as pictured in this thread, I will next time I see a welder at a friends shop available. If I could get my hands on a screw type I would try...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad