• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mred3

2005 ranger front diff gasket

Hello I'm getting ready to pull my front differential out to clean the water contaminated oil up, but I can't seem to find the correct diff plate cover gasket for a Dana 35 SLA only seem to find Dana 30 gaskets any help with correct part number would be appreciated. Plus I'm not sure if I have a...
  2. mred3

OBD ll reference values

Hi everybody, Does anybody here know where I can download a the complete PID reference range/values for my 2005 4.0 Ranger? Also for 1999 3.0 Ranger.
  3. mred3

4.0 SOHC first start idle 2 low

New rebuilt engine installed at first start the engine wont idle can hold it running with the peddle but let it off it dies it throwing codes P0112 & P0102, checked the plug for the MAF sensor wasn't clicked all the way but that didn't help I don't believe I have any vac leaks. Any ideas would...
  4. mred3

oil pump drive gear question

My question is are all the 4.0 sohc oil pump drive gears pretty much the same? I looking at one on ebay and the application tool they use says the part doesn't fit my year engine but it will fit a 2004 so I cant believe that part is different when the 4.0 sohc blocks are basically all the same...
  5. mred3

4.0 sohc balancer ?

Ok I have received new rebuilt engine that has a crankshaft balancer and my original did not, looks like the cradle is made for it even though its off an engine without a balancer, also they sent me the engine with the top rear expansion plug not installed I assume they left it like this to...
  6. mred3

4.0 sohc plastic plenum cleaning

What is the best way to clean all the carbon buildup on these plastic parts. I don't want to do any damage to it. Ed
  7. mred3

engine to bellhousing alignment dowel

How to remove without destroying ? or if not possible to get out intact its probably another dealer only item. Those babies are in there tight. need out to put on engine stand. Thanks
  8. mred3

4.0 sohc internal balancer

Everywhere I look it is said this motor will always have a balancer with the 4x4 but my 2005 doses not have a balancer within so WTF? Ed
  9. mred3

2005 4.0 bell housing bolt

Have a 2005 ranger 4.0 standard trans lost bell housing bolt where can I buy new one and what size are they?
  10. mred3

2005 4.0 SOHC Injector question

Ok when selecting fuel injectors I see a lot of rebuilds out there with big savings are rebuilt injectors a good way to go for a fresh rebuilt engine? Thanx
  11. mred3

Rebuilt 4.0 SOHC purchase

Decided to drop new engine in my 2005 ranger was looking at Promar Engines for a rebuild looks like they have good reviews, they give a 3 yr 36k warranty with free shipping. Anybody have any other builders I should be considering? Thanks
  12. mred3

Hello new Member Northern California

Hello all
  13. mred3

No compression in #1 cylinder

Hello I have a 2005 Ranger with a 4.0 sohc that all of a sudden started running real rough, got it home and tested it, OBD was giving me a cyl #1 misfire code, after diagnosing, it came out to be no compression whatsoever on #1 after this I decided to hook up the air compressor to the cylinder...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad