• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Chrome Bumper for an '08 XL?

Hello, Is there any way to put a chrome front bumper on an '08 XL? It looks like an '04-'05 bumper might work, but if it would I assume the lower valance would have to be changed; would the mounting brackets also? Or, will it even line up with the rest of the body? Thanks, Regan
  2. What Year Model Beds are the Same Size?

Hello, I am looking for a camper top/shell/cover to fit an '00 Ranger shortbed, not the stepside. Can anyone tell me what year models are the same size as the '00; in other words, what year models can I scrounge a used top from that will still fit my truck? Many thanks! Regan
  3. Can an '02-style Grill Fit an '00 Ranger?

Can an '02-style Grille Fit an '00 Ranger? Good morning, I have a chance to pick up an '00 Ranger XLT at a really good price, but I can't get past the single-bar grille; it just doesn't look right to me. I know that the 01-03 grilles come with side bars attached; can these be trimmed to make...
  4. 2004 2.3L; Failure to Start, No Codes

Thanks, Ron, I appreciate your help. He hasn't had any further problems with the truck, so it may have been just a fluke? I hope so!
  5. 2004 2.3L; Failure to Start, No Codes

Good morning everyone, My father called me last night to say that his 2004 Ranger, 2.3L engine would not start. He said it cranked over but would not fire. The only other problems this truck has had was a misfire about 6 months ago, which was corrected by a new coil (wires and plugs were...
  6. Stumble and stutter- sensors or fuel system on '86 2.3?

Hello, folks, I am at wit’s end here, hoping someone can give me some ideas. My truck is an ’86 2WD 2.3L EFI, one of the early versions with two fuel pumps and the IAC on the air filter housing. The whole engine was rebuilt about 60,000 miles ago. Back in the fall, I had a stall problem that...
  7. Swapping '84 Carb. 2.3 into '86 EFI 2.3 truck? 5 spd. into 4 spd.?

All right, folks, I haven't had any luck with diagnosing my truck, which continues to give me intermittent, seemingly undiagnosable problems. I have my eye on an '84 carbureted 2.3 Ranger, but it has a 4-speed manual transmission; my '86 has a 5-speed manual. My '86 is beginning to have a LOT...
  8. OBD on '86 2.3L Ranger? Stalls and quits...

Hello, folks! I am having trouble with my '86 Ranger with the 2.3L multi-port EFI. Several weeks ago, I started noticing a "hitch" at highway speed, then it stumbled on me a time or two; sometimes it would stumble and then backfire, which makes me think it is getting fuel but losing fire. I...
  9. '93 Ranger M5OD Locked Up- Ideas?

Folks, I just had to go pick up my father about 3 hrs. away from home; his '93 2WD 2.3L 5-spd. Ranger seems to have the transmission locked up. He said the shifts between 4th and 5th were getting hard (this was at highway speed, 55-70 mph), and then a little later the truck started to shudder...
  10. Comment on 86-88 2.3L 4WD Rangers?

Folks, My faithful old '86 2WD 2.3 5-spd Supercab is finally about to rust out from under me. I would like to find another, same body style, engine, etc., but in 4WD. Any comments on the 4WD drive train, engine choice in 4WD (remember I'm used to the less-than-peppy 2.3 already), etc.? Any...
  11. '86 2.3L EFI stalls after hot start

Folks, I have an '86 2.3 EFI that runs fine once warm, and starts fine from a cold engine at cooler ambient temperatures (say 50-60 degrees). However, when I start it up to leave work, when it is often 80-90 out, the engine stalls, stumbles, and might die a couple times if I have to let it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad