• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Auto to stick swap help needed

Hey guys and gals, I'm kind of a lurker here but I need your help. My brother has an 89 Broncos with the 2.9L in it. It started life as a 4X4 stick truck. The previous owner burned up the stick tranny, and put in a 2wd auto tranny in it. But when my brother bought it the auto was on it's last...
  2. 2010-ish F-150 dash swap into a 90 ranger

I know this is going to be wish full thinking. But...... ......... Is there a way to fab a 2010-ish F-150 style dash into my 90 ranger? I'm not worried about mounting points matching up. I'm worried about More about the physical dimensions. I don't have an F-150 to measure or I would do...
  3. 02 escape steering wheel match to a 91 ranger?

Hey guys I have a 91 ranger that has manual steering. No power. And the steering wheel is one of those rubber vulcanized over a metal pipe interior. The problem I have is that since I have to pull so hard on the wheel in tight low speed parking lot scenarios that the vulcanization has come...
  4. What fluid woukd you put

Hey guys, i have a 91 ranger that i have the M5OD-R1 5speed stick in. I'm swapping trannies since mine is shot fir now. I know it's supposed to have auto trans fluid in it. But that seems to beca bit thin to me. Is there something better? Let me know what you recomend.
  5. No 5th or reverse! Wife can't go to work till i fix this!

No 5th or reverse! Wife can't go to work till i fix this! now pic heavy HELP!!!!! I've got a 91ranger with a 5 speed manual. Ok. Four with an overdrive. My wife went on a long trip this weekend and on her way back she lost 5th and reverse. What it's doing: when you try to go into reverse it...
  6. New rubberized floor?

Any one know where to get a new stock style rubberized floor? The one in my 91 is starting to disintegrate. I don't want carpets in mine as i use it for everything and get the floor muddy and gunky quite often. So i really like the easy cleanup the rubberized floor allows. Is there somewhere i...
  7. My 91 POS edition:midlife crisis

Hey guys I've been kinda floating around here a little while picking up a little info here and there. Finally have gotten to the point(warm weather) where i can star refreshening my 91 DD. The poor baby has been through alot. She's as strip down as they come. She's basically a fleet vehicle...
  8. oil pressure sender for working gauge?

hey guys i've just recently found this site, and just starting to fix up my trusty truck. it's a 91 ranger basically fleet truck with the four banger. while doing some reading on the net looking for pin outs for a tach gauge swap, i found out that our oil pressure gauges have been rendered...
  9. Gauge cluster swap. Need wiring pin out help

Hey guys i have a 91 ranger with the standard cluster. The one with just the speedo, amp meter, oil pressure, fuel, and temp gauges. My brother knew i wanted a tach in my truck. So while he was at the junk yard the other day he saw an explorer with the same dash as mine bit the cluster had a...
  10. steering wheel options for a non power steering truck

hey guys, my 91 never had powere steering. it doesn't bother me to have it with out p-s. the problem i have is that the rubber outer coating has begun to seporate from the metal pole inside the wheel. i know i could get a wheel off of a truck around the same year but I'm afraid that it would...
  11. 91 heater control change over?

hey guys git a weird one for ya. my 91 is about as stripped down as you can get option wise. concerning the heater controls i don't have any a-c on the truck. it never came with it. i don't intend to add it back in either. the problem i have is that the temp control cable clip has broken. the...
  12. 91 ranger guage cluster with tach swap questions.

pretty easy peezy question. i have a 91 ranger that is basically a fleet vehicle with a paint job. manual trans, steering, no a/c, radio delete, four banger. my guage cluster has the speedo, oil pressure, temp,alt and fuel gauges. I've seen a couple trucks in the bone yard that have clusters...
  13. What upgrades are there for an 83?

As the title says, my brother just bought an 83, 2.3L, 4 speed stick, 4X4, front manual locking, ranger. As a dd/toy. So what we're looking for is cheap and easy upgrades and advances we can do to it. Right now we need stuff that can be done in a weekend. He does have another truck he can use...
  14. Removing vac and emissions on 83 ranger?

Hey guys and gals, not really my truck. But my brothers new daily. It's an 83 2.3L 4X4 with manual lockers up front. The prior owner has already swapped it back to a standard carb for us so that much is already done. My main queastion is our state doesn't require emissions on something this...
  15. Here with a POS edition.

Hey guys, I'm here with a '90, 2 WD, 5 speed POS edition ranger. This thing is so basic. No A/C, power steering, or originally a radio. She even had just steel rims when I got her. Now she at least has a set of dog dish covers. But it's been a great truck to me. Now it deserves some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad