• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Idle and "check Gauges" light.

Ok so I think my idle is a bit low but then again I don't know these vehicles that well. On first start up, anytime you start it hot or cold every time it revs up close to 2k before settling down to around 1k and drops to 500rpm at points. At this point the "check gauges" light comes on until...
  2. Manual Locking Hubs on my 2000 XLT

Hey guys I have a 2000 ranger XLT 4.0 automatic trans, and auto t case. Does this truck have locking hubs? I took a wheel off and all I see is the axle nut. Not sure if this truck just puts the tcase into neutral and let's the front axles spin. Obviously locking hubs would mean better fuel...
  3. Gear selector hard to pull

So my gear selector is hard to pull but loose in that it has a lot of play while in a gear. I was looking into the fix for the amount of play it has, but nothing on the hardness to actually pull into gear. I did see where someone was replacing the shift tube... Is that what I need to do? Also my...
  4. Hey guys got me a ford!

What's going on ford community, I just picked up a 2000 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 OHV auto trans. I'm a Volkswagen guy always have been, and that's what I do for a living fixing Audis and Vw's. Now this ford is a totally different ball game, that's why I've joined so I can get insight on things I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad