• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Any personal experience with 2.3 tuners?

I've been looking at different tuners for my 2002 2.3 and i now have the money to purchase one. I'm most interested in the one from bamachips.com because they claim 10hp and 17ft.lbs on a standard 87 octaine tune, but i can't find any dyno charts to back it up. I'm wondering if anyone has had...
  2. At the track with my 2.3

yeah it's alright, i'm in the process of selling my beloved 18" chrome wheels anyway. So it looks like i'll be running the stock size 225/70/r15 wheels. If the deal goes through with the wheels, i'm going to get ahold of a bamachips custom X-Tuner. They claim 10rwhp and 17rwhp on a standard 87...
  3. At the track with my 2.3

does anyone have any opinions or comments about which tire to use at the track?
  4. At the track with my 2.3

yeah i always take care of my vehicles with regular tune up's. I'll have to give that 2500rpm launch a try. So as soon as i dump the clutch at 2500, i just stomp on it? I didn't really want to go up again with out adding any extra mods than before, but i'm just dying to dip into the 16's. Maybe...
  5. At the track with my 2.3

yeah well being 17, still in highschool, and working doesn't give me much options. I bought the vehicle for mpg's, i just choose to take it to the track for fun to see what it'll run, then see if i can improve my times. Buying a turbo or v8 would defeat the whole purpose of why i bought this...
  6. At the track with my 2.3

yeah i chose it because i'm getting 26-30mpg out of it. With those 50% tread 245/40/18's i was spinning really bad at first, then i started to slip the clutch a bit and instead of spinning it kinda got traction and chirped all the way to 20mph. Next time i go up in a few weeks i will put the...
  7. At the track with my 2.3

Nothing? Has anyone had any experience at the track with their 2.3 ranger? Anything at all?
  8. At the track with my 2.3

So after making the 50 mile trip up to the Woodburn Drag Strips in Woodburn, OR, i made a total of 17 1/4 mile runs with my white 2002 2.3 5speed 2wd regular cab ranger w/120k. After owning it for 3 weeks i've already put a cold air kit on it, as well as a 2.5" catback flowmaster exhaust. It's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad