• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. longbedGTs

2.3L (Diesel) Ranger Diesel A/C hose routing

Ford must have used some hoses from something else and just threw them on the Ranger Diesels because they just look like they were thrown on there at the last minute. I'd like to get some shorter hoses to clean up the engine bay a little, but don't want to spend the money on a hydraulic crimper...
  2. longbedGTs

Ranger GT Specifications, Information and History

Looking good. Have you removed the ground effects on the 88 to see how bad the rust is? I have 8 pictures of that '89 with the white Enkei wheels back from around 2004 when it was being offered for sale(before Stu bought it). LMK if you want me to send them. Congrats on the GTs!
  3. longbedGTs

4 Cylinder Diesels Freeway/Highway Speeds

My '86 turns about 2800ish at 70mph. 75mph is just over 3000rpm IIRC. It can maintain highway speeds well, but merging is pretty slow even with the pedal floored. Stock settings on injection pump. It has a 3.45 rear and 205/70/14 tires. I'm curious as to how much boost it's making at highway...
  4. longbedGTs

7.5-open to LS

Hi all, I've gathered bits of info from quite a few threads and want to make sure everything is right before I go looking for parts. The truck is an 86 Ranger with 3.45 open differential. Info I have so far: 28 spline, can reuse spider gears but not side gears, axle length is the same between...
  5. longbedGTs

new door panels 1st gen

I bought some new door panels from LMC truck, but they aren't like the factory panels. They're made from hard molded plastic. I admit that I didn't read the description on LMCs website before buying them, so I'll take the hit on that one. Does anyone know where to buy new door panels that are...
  6. longbedGTs

86 Ranger air filter

For those searching, the correct air filter is pn#2295 and is NAPA Gold brand.
  7. longbedGTs

86 Ranger air filter

That one is too small. The old filter measures 8x10.
  8. longbedGTs

new to me 86 Ranger Diesel

Should be putting this thing into DD use within the week. Here's a pic of the sticker on the drivers side window. Yeah, they stuck it on the window! I'd like to get the windows tinted, but don't really want to tear the sticker off though. Strange place to put this. https://i.imgur.com/VMANOAG.jpg
  9. longbedGTs

86 Ranger air filter

Does anyone have a part number for the air filter for an 86 Ranger Diesel? The old one says 546131, but I can't find anything that cross references that. The rubbery part is orange, so it might be a Fram...not sure. Also would like to find a shop manual that covers the Diesel. Any ideas?
  10. longbedGTs

Oh, wow...the 0-60 isn't too bad. Thanks for that link rusty...never seen that one before. Saw the one with the 2.2 Perkins 0-60...and was reminded of the '84 I had 11 years ago. Painfully slow. I haven't got the truck yet btw...it is being shipped from Minnesota, but wanted to get an idea of...
  11. longbedGTs

I recently got myself an 86 Ranger Diesel and am wanting to find out what this motor is capable of and what sort of things I should inspect/replace. This is Ranger #14, but never had one with the 2.3 Turbo Mitsubishi engine so I'm in the dark. I know these are interference engines, so I'll be...
  12. longbedGTs

Diesel Ranger (midwest)

I'm looking for a Diesel Ranger in the midwest. Not looking for something that's rusted out and no preference on the year. Must be a longbed though. Let me know, thanks.
  13. longbedGTs

Ranger ST

No, it didnt say STX. It was a gen 2 Ranger white in color with 80s graphics at the rear of the bed with "ST" in big letters running vertically at an angle. It was a longbed reg cab. Anyone heard of this trim package?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad