• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Terrible Gas Milage, please help me fix!

I have a 91 Ranger, 2wd, 4 liter with new air filter and fuel filter and I'm getting 10 mpg. :icon_surprised:. I was getting 17 only a month ago. Tire pressure is fine...so what's going on?!? Any ideas?
  2. F-4 vs 4x4

So what's the differance? If always wondered, but have never found out. Anyone know?
  3. Major Crap Storm!

So a 20 minute job, replace my broken thermostat. So now big deal at all, right? Until a bolt shears off in the block...previous owner had put a cheap POS bolt in there and it sheared. Crap. So tried an easy out, and guess what happened, it broke off in there:bawling:. Just kept breaking bits...
  4. Removing Manifold?

Very long story short, went to replace thermostat and the bolt sheared into the block, and so did my easy out. So now I'm trying to get the manifold out, and it doesn't look easy. How do you do that?
  5. Broke Thermostat

Hey all. My ranger is a 91, 4.0, 5 speed manual. The thermostat is stuck in it so I want to replace it...but where exactly is it? Does any one know? Thanks
  6. Coolant blow out:"(

I was driving to school this morning, and as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, my truck started pouring smoke. I shut it off in a hurry and popped the hood, and the smoke was comming from drivers side rear engine. It had coolant when I left this morning, but all of it was gone. Now, when I...
  7. Code Reader

Hey all. I was having tons of issues with my 91 ranger and was trying to diagnose them, so a friend got me a code reader. I'm really hoping it will help, but I feel like an idiot because I can't figure out where to plug it in. Any insight?
  8. Truck won't start

Hey all. I have a 91 ranger, 4.0 and it was giving me fits last night...seemed like a nasty throttle issue. So I go to work on if this morning and now it hardely starts and when it does it dies about instantly. So now I'm here beating my head against the engine trying to figure out what's wrong...
  9. Truck won't start

Hey all. I have a 91 ranger, 4.0 and it was giving me fits last night...seemed like a nasty throttle issue. So I go to work on if this morning and now it hardely starts and when it does it dies about instantly. So now I'm here beating my head against the engine trying to figure out what's wrong...
  10. Throttle Issues!!!

So all the sudden my 91 Ranger is having issues. I'll be driving it, and in any gear, but especially 2nd and even in neutral, the revs will just drop to nothing and then after awhile shoot back up. It feels like the throttle is sticking, and then getting unstuck. And it's a manual tranny so of...
  11. Any Serious Flags Raised?

So I don't know much about this truck, but I think it's bad ass and I want it :)! It's a bobbed bronco 2 with a ranger body, 2.9, 5 speed. Obviously I want a lot more info before I look into it more, But any thoughts?
  12. Rear ABS light not shutting off

Hey all, my 91 ranger, 4.0 2wd 5spd has had the rear ABS light on for the past 4 years, any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!
  13. A little gun based irony

Well going back to the irony of that, thats our issue in our government. There are too many people, or agencies, in politics who point fingers, especially about firearm related topics, when they they have no idea what they are talking about!!!
  14. Wierd/ Bad? Noise

I have a 91 Ranger, 5 speed manual and it's been making an odd, gravely groan thats driving me nuts. Has anyone else had this issue? And is this serious or just what these trucks do?
  15. Need fuel pump advice!

I have to go in and replace the fuel pump on my truck... But there are so many companies who make them, who is the best to go with? If anyone has any experience with this id really appreciate the help!
  16. Wierd noise

I have a 91 Ranger, 5 speed manual and it's been making an odd, gravely groan thats driving me nuts. Has anyone else had this issue? And is this serious or just what these trucks do?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad