• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ranger_redneck

4.0 swap, have a question

okay, so half way through the replacement of heads on my 2.9, I decided to say screw it and swap a 4.0 instead. But.. Swapping Dashes is just not a option.. I want to retain my gen 1 dash, to keep the interior as original as possible.. I seen that it has been done, but don't remember the user...
  2. ranger_redneck

need opinions/help

so today i noticed my ranger isnt running the best (87 2.9l 4x4 5 speed) As i stepped out of my vehicle on lunch, i noticed a knocking sound. under the hood its hard to hear, underneath the truck it is easy to hear, but it only does it when the clutch is engaged (clutch pedal not pushed in)...
  3. ranger_redneck

87 ranger lift help

okay so i decided that i want to lift my ranger just a little bit.. 2" maybe 3".. i was going to go with the belltech 6400 in the rear to give 2" of lift the problem is, my front end already is sitting lower than the rear (i have not measured by how much yet) so I was thinking of just doing...
  4. ranger_redneck

Aftermarket Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator Possibility?

I think that my FPR is starting to give me a bad time.. I have a few Adjustable FPR's laying around from old projects.. I was just wondering if it is possible to use an AFPR on a stock 2.9L to make it look a little nicer having a truck colored FPR lol.. plus i already have a few laying around...
  5. ranger_redneck

87 ranger fuel gauge

well, i finally got my truck running better than ever and getting pretty good mileage with it (hit 20 mpg last week:yahoo:) now, one last issue that i would like to address. my fuel gauge is a little weird. if i fill, it reads full like it should, but the second i start driving it drops to a...
  6. ranger_redneck

87 ranger lift or leveling kit?

i have a 1987 ford ranger 4x4, id like a little more height front and rear, but want the front to sit level with the rear, should i go with a 2" BL? how would i get the front to sit level with the rear? just buying a kit? Or what other options are there?
  7. ranger_redneck

87 ranger HELP! dont know what to try..

i have an 87 ranger stx, 2.9l, 5 speed, 4x4.. it has a few issues: 1. Horrible gas mileage.. been getting between 9-10 mpg, a tank every two days, and i need this vehicle for winter up here.. 2. LOW power.. it will barely climb the smallest of hills unless you downshift from OD to 3rd and punch...
  8. ranger_redneck

1983-1988 Ford Ranger & Bronco II clear sidemarkers!

hello everyone, i know there is alot of interest in clear side marker lights for the 1983-1988 ford rangers and bronco II's. I have personally found a manufacturer to make a set of them, but will only do it as a group buy. so if anyone is interested in having yourself a set, please go like...
  9. ranger_redneck

87 2.9L ranger problems! need help!

So the story begins here: i bought an 87 ranger stx, 2.9L, 5 speed manual, i noticed the idle was very high (1700-2000) and it got pretty bad gas mileage on the drive back home from where i bought it (120 miles away). it ran fine the whole way home, but climbing hills was almost impossible. i...
  10. ranger_redneck

93 hood on 87

i found a cowl hood for a 93 ranger online locally for $50, would this work on my 87 ranger? or would it just be easier to buy a cowl hood for an 87..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad