• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2004 4.0L Engine and Tranny Swap into a 96?? Possible?

I have a chance to pick up a 2004 ranger with auto tranny and engine 60K for cheap money. Is it feasible to swap the engine and tranny into my 96?? If so whats involved? Whats the differences??
  2. Alignment question...steering wheel out 90degrees

Ok so I have a 96 Supercab. Bought it with alot of milages and a lot of projects to fix on it. Last year after replacing some tie rods i brought to NTB(1 mistake i wont make again) to get the alignment done. When I left the truck still pulled slightly to the right and the steering was sloppy die...
  3. manual hub conversion keeps stripping out locking washer

I have a 96 ranger extended cab, 4wd 4.0 Automatic. I swapped out the auto hubs for milemarker manuals. The passengerside i had no problems with initially. Now the driverside on the other hand is a diffrent story. When i attempt to put the final torque on the outer nut the locking washer strips...
  4. Cranks but wont start after sitting more then a day

I have a 96 Ranger 4.0 Auto, 4wd. When it sits for more then a day it will not start. It cranks good but in order to get it to start I have to shoot it with ether. But once its running you can shut it off and restart no problem until it sits for a day or two without running. Its got new plugs...
  5. Please help me ID whats missing on my transfer case

I have a 96 ranger extended cab. Automatic, 4liter, swapped to milemarker manual hubs and electronic shift transfer case. I bought this used and it was missing the shift motor. I installed a shift motor and the flashing light went away. We are getting ready to see if the 4wd works now. When I...
  6. How do I know if my truck has the high ride option???

1996 Ranger Supercab, XLT, 4wd auto hubs and automatic tranny, 4.0liter. I need to replace the shocks in my stRanger. How do I know if it has the high ride option? Did only the STX come with this??? Any input would be appreciated.
  7. 1996 Ranger Radio swap help!!

1996 Ranger Supercab, AMFM Cassette, removed Factory radio and went to put in aftermarket radio and cannot find info or correct harness adapter. Radio number is partially missing but what i can make out is "****-198183 **" or something to that effect if that helps. Connections the back of the...
  8. Delayed reverse after installing new valve body any idea?

1996 Ranger Super, 4.0 4R55E, 4WD Electronic shift,. 180K I installed an updated valve body today with a new filter, 1 bottle of lucas and standard atf. Followed techdata listed here to do the RR...
  9. Please help me ID missing parts...

1996 ranger extended cab, auto 4X4 30 dana. When I tore down my knuckles to replace balljoints I found odd number of parts and then found missing parts but never having worked on a ford front end like this i didnt know what I was missing. So I stopped at a local dealership and got their...
  10. Windshield Removal

i need to remove my windshield or at least the trim to clean up the rust and paint the roof. I have a 1996 Ranger extended cab 4 liter. Ive never messed with a ford windshield before. Im assuming by looking at it that the moulding is what locks the windshield in place as well??? If so is the...
  11. A/C Compressor does not kick on.....diode?

I tried to troubleshoot my ac in my 96ranger 4.0. System was empty, pulled a vacum 29hg held for 30 min, started adding refrigerant. Got enough in to kick on the LPCO. Compressor didnt kick on. Did power checks at compressor harness. Found 12vdc in both terminals. Found a diode in diagram...
  12. 4r55e 2-3rd shift problems

Bought a 96 Ford Ranger extended cab 4.0 liter 4wd auto hubs(inop) . Needed a little TLC but the price was right. Has 180k on it and as far as I can tell the original tranny. Removed the valve body and did the seperator plate and blow of valve tsb. Added about 7 qts of tranny fluid so more then...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad