• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New transmission crossmember ranger 1997

I spent an hour looking around for a replacement transmission crossmember for my Ranger today. It appears they are rare and expensive with the dealership asking $250 or so. I found a less expensive option that I ordered at $160 plus $20 for shipping via UPS. Hope this can help someone...
  2. Grinding during clutch travel

I feel a grinding when I am letting the clutch out about half way through the clutch throw. It started to happen in third gear (the transmission was solidly in third and it never popped out of gear), then it started happening in second and first too. It only happens in those gears. Pushing on...
  3. Odometer Fraud

1) get rear ended - check 2) discover driver is uninsured - check 3) file uninsured claim with my insurance - check 4) discover the person I bought the vehicle from rolled the clock back 150,000 miles - check At least I know why I've had so much trouble with this truck. It runs great...
  4. Sneaky problem fixed: rough idle, bad MPG, low power

I've been struggling with my 1996 ranger 2.3 5-speed since I bought it. Every change I made to it has improved it, but something has been wrong since I changed my spark plug wires. I think I finally got it today. I found a few loose bolts on the intake manifold holding the intake to the head...
  5. Twin I-Beam Bushing Procedure

I spent way too much time looking for this info, so I'm hoping someone can help. Is there an online procedure for replacing the TIB bushings? The main thing I want to know is how to remove the pivot bushing bolts safely without spring force behind it. Thanks, Camelman
  6. EGR and Coil pack issues

I have a 1996 ranger 2.3 that is almost running right. I checked it with the Torque app and saw that the coil pack for 5,6,7,8 is misfiring enough to throw trouble codes. I swapped the coil packs, and the issue stayed with 5,6,7,8. I also saw that the upstream and downstream side of the DPFE is...
  7. New thread for my low speed RPM issues

I have another thread that I started with timing belt questions and moved on to engine operation questions, but figured I should switch to an engine-specific thread to make it easier to follow and search. So... I replaced my timing belt, spark plugs and plug wires on a 1997 5-speed 2.3 with...
  8. Suspension too soft

I recently bought a 1997 Ford Ranger 5-speed xlt with the 2.3 and 175,000 miles. I replaced the original shocks because they were shot. However, there wasn't really any improvement in the ride. It is still way too soft and has entirely too much body roll. I installed cheap Monro-matic...
  9. How does my timing belt look?

I just bought this truck and don't know the history on the timing belt. The previous owner has blocked his number, so I can't call him either. Weird, but such is life. I snapped the attached picture of the outside of the timing belt. I can take more if necessary, but need to know how/where to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad