• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tire size

Awesome, thanks for all the info!
  2. Tire size

Gotcha, thanks!
  3. Tire size

88 Ranger XLT 2.3L Looking at 4 new tires and wondering if anyone had any opinions or advice. The tires that came on it when I purchased years ago are 255 60r15. I planned on just getting a set of the same size but they aren’t stock size I guess. Any reason not to keep this size?
  4. Oil filter size

Awesome, thank you.
  5. Oil filter size

Just took my 88 ranger xlt 2.3L 5 speed to a quick lube place for and oil change, I tried to do it myself but was having a hard time getting the filter off and said screw it. I noticed the oil filter they put on is smaller than the one they took off, is that ok? Obviously it fits but is it going...
  6. What’s going on here? AC or not

I’m guessing getting it working again would be neither cheap or easy, right?
  7. What’s going on here? AC or not

88 Ranger 2.3L When I purchased this truck the previous owner told me it never had AC. But from what I understand it seems like it did at one point. Did someone rip out a bunch of components and alter things? Can anyone confirm for me and maybe tell me if I have options of getting AC back again...
  8. Catalytic converter

Thanks. I guess I’ll just go get some hose clamps and pull it off and have a look
  9. Catalytic converter

So my cat issue is resolved, but all the cleaner I put in tank must have knocked a lot of other stuff loose because now I’m having other issues. Truck wouldn’t start, wasn’t getting fuel, replace fuel filter at the end of the line closest to engine. Truck starts, everything was good for a few...
  10. Catalytic converter

Nice! I am now thinking about replacing my whole exhaust system, but like I said before I’m no mechanic. I do have a friend that is willing to help and used to be a mechanic. He was saying if my cat is plugged and I also have exhaust leaks elsewhere( which I do) right after the cat I believe...
  11. Catalytic converter

i remember what I replaced was on the drivers side frame rail like you said
  12. Catalytic converter

Same, mine is a 5 speed manual too, it does the same thing in regard to when I rev it up and let go back to idle instead of easing off it dies sometimes. Is this not somehow related to the cat? I replace the fuel filter a couple years back thinking maybe it was clogged with no change. I’ll get a...
  13. Catalytic converter

Great, haha, any ideas on where I should go from here? Wish I didn’t just pay a guy to fix a bunch of shit I probably didn’t need only for him to not address the real problem until I picked up the truck and it’s still sputtering. Then he tells me what I suspected the whole time.And tells me...
  14. Catalytic converter

Hmm, forgive me, I would say the engine itself is louder maybe, and the exhaust. I know he did a tune up but I did my own tune up a few years back with the help of a mechanic buddy of mine and that didn’t change the overall loudness. Truck used to go vroom vroom now it goes VROOM VROOM!!! Haha...
  15. Catalytic converter

Oh damn, I didn’t know that. The mechanic just told me that in my state it’s not a problem but In some states I wouldn’t pass emissions
  16. Catalytic converter

Damn, not exactly what I wanted to hear but thanks. So before I brought it to the mechanic it would basically not go over 15 mph until it was warmed up for 15 to 20 minutes, then the exhaust would kick something out and it would run fine. After mechanic my engine is a lot louder than it used to...
  17. Catalytic converter

Thanks for the reply, I thought about ordering some cleaner stuff but I don’t know if that will cut it for me. I would say it’s a severe clog that hinders the trucks ability to drive so I might need a heavier approach. I hear the part itself is hard to find and costly so I’m wondering if I could...
  18. Catalytic converter

Anybody have any experience/tips or tricks cleaning them? Thinking about taking it off and maybe soaking and pressure washing it. I have a some minimal experience working on my own truck but am no mechanic. I just dumped a good bit of money into my ranger with a good ol’ boy mechanic just to...
  19. 88 ranger, can't find problem, please help

I have been chatting with user Mark_88 and he has been very helpful but he suggested I also put a summary of the problems I am still having here on this forum so here it is. A problem I was initially having lead to a no start problem. The no start problem is resolved but the initial problem is...
  20. Please Help,88 ranger wont start

I posted under the same title about a week ago but I am reposting because im not sure it is still getting views and I could really use some help, Original post is under the same title posted in general discussion and under 4 cylinder(2000 and older). Ok, im about ready to roll this truck off a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad