• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. transmission not locking into gear..HELP

Well I have a 99 with the 3.0 motor and 4r44e transmission. I've now had the transmission rebuilt twice and I'm having trouble again. After replacing it once, it went out again so I had it rebuilt the second time after finding out the radiator was leaking into the tranny all along. Now for the...
  2. Can I pull it?

I have a 99 ranger with a 3.0 and 4.10 gears. I'm going to need to move home from school in a few weeks and was wondering if I could pull a 5x10 utility trailer (no idea how much that weighs) with some random furniture on like a queen bed, a table and a few other odds and ends. It wont be...
  3. shaking

So i got in my truck this morning and when I started it the whole truck was just shaking when it was idling. It was still idling at about 1000 and holding there. Once i got moving it was alright even when I stopped later. Any ideas what that might be? I thought maybe a spark plug not firing but...
  4. Differential Fluid Change

My 99 has about 100,000 miles on it now so i guess its time i change the differential fluid. The truck has the off road package and i know that a limited slip diff was an option but i dont think mine has it im just not 100% sure so how can i tell. I just need to know if i need to add the...
  5. chewing up serpentine belts

like it says my truck keeps wearing out serpentine belts. I have to change them every month or two because the squealing gets so loud i cant take it. The $30 belts that often are also getting to me though. It seems they are wearing out slightly on the outside edge but i have checked all the...
  6. grinding when in 4x4

I have a 99 that i just had the transmission basically rebuilt in. Today I was on my way to camp and decided i would try the 4 wheel drive to make sure everything was ok with it still. Well i shifted into 4hi at about 5-10 mph and then heard grinding coming from the transmission/ transfer case...
  7. good mechanic anywhere?(RANT)

It seems I cannot find a mechanic anywhere that can fix my transmission. i had one rebuilt 2 years ago at 75,000 and now again it went out in less than 30,000 miles. First time the guy didnt realize there was a whole in the tranny cooler so antifreeze in the tranny does no good. So aparently...
  8. 4R44E to 5R55E

I have a 99 3.0 4x4 with a 4R44E transmission that may need to be replaced. The radiator blew a whole in the transmission cooler so had antifreeze in my tranny which obviously isnt supposed to be there. SO.. I was thinking if i replace it I might just put a 5R55E in it. Will the 5R55E bolt...
  9. wallet getting thin..i need help

on my way home from work last week the overdrive light started flashing and it would not shift into overdrive. i regularly drive highway 65-70mph so this is a big problem. Ill be the first to admit i do not know anything about transmissions so it went to the shop, reset the code and said it...
  10. can't watch youtube videos?

everytime i try to watch a youtube video i keep getting this message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." I have the latest flash player and javascript is on. I updated my avg antivirus but i can't imagine thats...
  11. Starter solenoid?

Last night my truck wouldnt start 2 minutes after i shut it off. I think its just the starter solenoid because it would just click when i tried it. The lights and everything worked but when i jumped it the thing started right up. When i shut it off tho i have to just jump it to start it again...
  12. looking at a cougar

So im looking at a 2001 merc cougar today. Dont know much about them. Anyone know anything to watch out for, own one, are they good cars. etc..anything is appreciated
  13. anyone ever get this virus?

i got some message about some hacktool.rootkit virus that i now cannot get off my computer. looked up some stuff on the internet about it and said "attacker may have full control of your system". Do these people really have nothing better to do? Im in college with no credit cards or money for...
  14. Thinking about a bike

With warmer weather coming I'm thinking about buying a bike. I have never ridden before so I want something cheap and easy to learn on since I'm a broke college student. Basically just something to ride around town in the summer. I was thinking about a dual purpose street/trail but I've heard...
  15. Serpentine Belt

Well my truck started squealing bad about a month ago so I replaced the serpentine belt. Noise stopped, problem solved. Now the belt seems to be frayed on one edge and screaming like hell again. I dont see anything on any of the pulleys that would make it fray right now but its dark. It was a...
  16. xm radio problems

I just got this thing and I tried installing it in the ranger using the fm modulator and I can barely hear anything over the static. The antenna is on the roof and when I go to the antenna aiming screen the bar is full. Anyone have any ideas at all or ever have this problem. This thing is...
  17. Well that was stupid

I have a 99 with a 3.0 and noticed the serpentine belt was squeaking a little bit. So assuming this was going to be a simple fix i sprayed some belt conditioner on it and i later learned you shouldnt do that. Now it sqeaks a lot and it is EXTREMELY loud. Is there any way to quiet the thing...
  18. I was impressed

So tonight me and a buddy took my ranger out for a ride. We got a bit of snow today in the towns but in the mountains got a good bit more. In fresh snow or packed the ranger stuck to the road pretty well even with the open diff. Even my buddy who is all about his full size truck was impressed...
  19. Spark plugs?

Ok so my truck is a 99 and doesn't accelerate the smoothest right now and if it needs to downshift going up a hill(its an auto) the truck jumps around a bit. I'm assuming I have one or more bad spark plugs. Correct me if you think this isnt the problem but I need to know what are decent spark...
  20. Airbag Light

I have a 99 3.0 4x4 and today while driving back to school I noticed the airbag light came on. I didn't notice it until after I really gunned it up and onramp. At first it was flashing then it stayed on steady. This happened one other time on the same 100 mile trip and it was fine the next...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad