• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fomocoguy

Diesel 5spd to C4 speedo gear

So my truck, which was a 5 SPD diesel when it rolled off the line in 1984, had a c4 in it when I bought it. Its getting another one, but the speedo wasn't working and I'm trying to figure out if they even had the right gear in it. Here's a pic of what's there: Is that gear reduction doohicky...
  2. fomocoguy

1984 Ranger a/c delete

I built a new heater box for my Ranger to delete the a/c and make plenty of room for the 351 that's going in. On the old box there was this temperature controlled switch that had a temp probe coming off it and two wires. Can any of you tell me what its for and if/how I can delete it? Thanks!
  3. fomocoguy

Speedway Auto Salvage, Madison IL (St. Louis area)

Just made a trip to one of my favorite salvage yards and they had a pretty good pile of Rangers. There are just as many explorers that I didn't snap pictures of. Anyhow, just thought I'd share. I also stopped at 111 salvage just up the road and they had about 20 explorers and 10 or so Rangers...
  4. fomocoguy

1984 Ranger, 351w, gasser style

Hello all! New to the site here, but thought I'd jump right in and post up my build thread so far. A few months back I started looking for a clean Ranger to build, and was really surprised at the difficulty in finding a bargain truck that wasn't beat to hell/ rusted to hell/ run into the ground...
  5. fomocoguy

Hello from St. Louis!

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm a Ford guy from St. Louis and have picked up what was something I wanted since I was a kid; a V-8 Ranger. She's an exceptionally clean 1984 model that was originally a diesel and was pulled behind a camper. A not so exceptional 302 conversion was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad