• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Won't start...

... aka the continuing misadventures of the Frankenford (formerly the Rickety Rocket). Ok, the basics, 86 Ranger, 2.0 4cyl, 5 spd. Starter turns, but the engine doesn't fire up. Drained my little toy booster pack trying it. History: Picked it up in July, ran albeit a bit hard to start and...
  2. HEI conversion extra wire?

Ok, as noted elsewhere, i'm doing the conversion, and the web has been a big help, particularly this: http://goo.gl/VMGfl8 including a GM coil. Not sure it'll fix the problem, but its a good try. Now, on to the issue. While i was working i found that the + terminal on the coil was fed from a...
  3. Can the computer be eliminated?

Ok, i've an 86 2.0 Ranger which seems to have died. While i'm sure the current problem has nothing to do with the computer (cranks but won't turn over, pretty sure its getting fuel), considering what the ECM (that the right term?) on the right fender looks like, a failure in the future really...
  4. Where's this wire supposed to go?

Ok, wiring in my truck is seriously wonky, dunno what moron worked on it, but its real interesting. Most interesting is this one, a white wire with a black stripe, stripped at one end and resting in the main harness across the top of the engine, and the other end seems to go into the test plug...
  5. Howdie

I've come for your women... Wait, wrong script, i've come for help, a good conversation, and coffee. Well, two out of three i suppose i can expect here. I'm now the not so proud owner of an 86 2.0L Ranger that has a driver's floor made of thin sheetmetal and a license plate (really), the worst...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad