• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. C clip eliminators

Hey guys. I have a 94 ranger splash with a 98 8.8 posi rear end. I have to install c clip eliminators and I need to install aftermarket axels. Can someone tell me if you've ever successfully done the c clip eliminator install and what kit you used as I can't find a brand that lists parts...
  2. Carb leaning bad when secondaries should kick in

Hey guys. So I'm running my 347 fed with a quickfuel hr650 carb and it was running fine but rich. Because of the lift and duration on my camshaft, I put a 3.5 (down from 6.5) power valve in, also I forgot to mention my idle vacuum is about 7-8in. I also stepped down two steps of jets on the...
  3. c4 will NOT change gears with shifter...

HEy guys, Finally got my 347 fired up and broken in, in my project 94 ranger, but this is where it gets wierd. I was checking my total timing tonight, and luckily for me, I have all 4 wheels in the air. I heard a snap, and next thing I know, the back wheels are spinning. tried shifting...
  4. starter not engaging flex plate

Hey Guys, OK, heres the problem, and I've scoured the interwebs to find a solution, and non one seems to be able to give me a straight answer I have installed a v8 into my 94 ranger. the tranny is a C4, bellhousing stamp code is D9AP-7976-AA.... after review, I know this is a 157tooth...
  5. Wiring 302 into 3.0

Hey guys. So I'm balls deep into this swap and I'm trying to figure out the wiring. I put a carbed 302 into a 94 3.0. I have the EVTM for my truck but I'm having a heck of a time trying to understand some of it. ( I am an electrician so I can read schematics; but trying to follow the...
  6. Transmission crossmember mount (is there a problem)

Well. Turns out that the way I had to install my engine trans combo, I still had to move the tranny crossmember and mount 6" forward. Because of the way the frame is I couldn't move it that far so I fanned a mount plate out of 1/4" plate steel, bolted the mount to it and the trans then...
  7. Fan out front of rad support

Hey guys. When doing this swap I've found I don't have clearance to run the electric fan Inside the engine compartment so it looks like I have to mount it outside out front. So my question is, for those of you who cut out the rad support main vertical piece in the middle of the support that...
  8. Short Nose Water Pump?

Hey Guys, got the engine dry fit last night (can't hook up tranny as stupid trans shop gave me the wrong size torque so....here I am, and found that my water pump pulley is about the width of a serp belt too far out. everything else looks to line up so far. keep in mind, this was a bare...
  9. engine offset

Hey guys. Seems my home made mounts seem to be off or something ain't right. Engine is offset to passenger side what seems to be 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. If you're using the stock 3.0 mounts and the plates (home made Versions) do you have to switch the stock cradle mounts from passenger to...
  10. universal timing cover with crank position sensor on carburated engine

ok, sounds dumb, but hear me out. got a universal timing cover for my 79 302 mexican. now, I go to see how to setup timing, and find holes for a crank position sensor, but I can't install a timing pointer. HOWEVER, my balancer that came with my kit has 3 sets of timing marks on it, can I...
  11. custom engine mounts ---> help please

Hello, I've been looking everywhere to get the measurements for the custom made mounts you can make out of the 1/4" steel. I've tried using the transdapt mounts, and due to my oil pan or other reasons I can't seem to see, they dont' work. I have the steel to make the mounts, I have the...
  12. Transdapt motor mount issue

Hey guys. I tried dry fitting my engine last night and I ended up feeling completely beaten. I tried for 2 hours to get the stupid mounts to line up so I could bolt her down and they just wouldn't go... It was like the mounts on the engine were just a bit too wide. So now I'm thinking I...
  13. Beef without suspension??

I'm adding a little beef to my little 94 splash 2wd. And I need some advice from the experts. Stock splash suspension first off. Dropping a 550hp 347 I've built, mated up with a c4 (custom) and 8.8 (custom). I'm installing overloader shocks in the read and James duff traction bars above the...
  14. 15x10 or 15x12

Ok. So I've read the FAQ and either I'm blind or can't read. So I have to ask 94 ranger splash. Non stock drivetrain. Have a 8.8 in the read now stil 5x4.5 bolt pattern I need to lock up the rear end and I wanted to go as wide as humanly possibly with this rear end. I've seen a couple posts...
  15. Fuel Lines/Tank/Pump

Hey Guys, I am swapping out my 3.0L for a SBF, and I have a question for the seasoned vets here. Should I use the Tank/Pump/Lines that are existing and install a regulator, OR install a small pick up tube, use the existing tank, and install an external pump with lines and filter OR...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad