• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Access to HVAC Intake Tube in Cowl

On a 2000 Ranger does anyone have an idea if the HVAC fresh air intake tube that is located inside the cowl can be accessed on the bottom side by removing the HVAC blower? My Ranger leaks on the passenger side during heavy rains. After removing the center cowl inspection plate on the firewall...
  2. 2000 Ranger Passenger Side Water Leak

I have a 2000 Ranger regular cab that leaks water on the passenger side during extremely heavy rain events. I can see the passenger side cowl drain with the passenger door open and it does not appear to be plugged. I flushed this drain using water and a piece of tubing bent to direct the water...
  3. 2000 Ranger Excessive Clutch Pedal Free Travel

I recently purchased a 2000 Ranger 2.5L 5 speed. When I purchased the truck I noticed excessive clutch pedal free travel (1-1/2"). I have noticed during this winter that when the ambient temperatures are cool (~45F and below) that the clutch pedal free travel disappears and when the...
  4. 96 Explorer 5.0L Into 2000 Ranger PCM Reprogramming

I'd like to swap a 96 Explorer 5.0L engine into my 2000 2.5L 5 speed Ranger. I want to stick with a 5 speed transmission - probably a Tremec. If I go to the trouble to keep the 5.0L fuel injected, I'd like for all of the Ranger's insturments to work correctly including the check engine light...
  5. 96 Explorer 5.0L into 2000 Ranger Fuel System Questions

There is an excellent article on one of these forums on swapping a 96-01 Explorer 5.0L into a 98-up Ranger. I'd like to swap a 96 Explorer 5.0L into my 2000 Ranger regular cab short bed 2wd with front coil springs. The article states that there are 2 fuel system choices when swapping a 96-98...
  6. How to Disable RPM Match Feature

I recently purchased a 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5L with a 5 speed manual transmission. When I let off the gas to shift gears engine RPM does not drop as I am accustomed to on a manual tansmission vehicle. Engine braking is also not very good since engine RPM drops so slowly. From what I've read, this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad