• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bronco638

For Sale 4.0 5sp 2wd rcsb ranger

Rusty, is this yours? Just checked FB by doing a search and it doesn't come up. Sold?
  2. Bronco638

"Grunch" Sound from Passenger Side Front

2001 Edge 3.0 Auto 4x4 I know exactly what you're thinking; upper and/or lower ball joints. I don't think so and here's why; they're less than two years old, have good seals and are greased. I had an alignment last Fall and I know the tech. If there was an issue with them he would have said...
  3. Bronco638

Camshaft Position Sensor/Synchronizer - Tick/Chirp Symptom?

2001 Edge 3.0 with 126.5K miles. My commute is about 8 miles, each way, which is about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. Towards the end of each 'leg', I start to hear a "ticking". Initially, I thought it was a sticky lifter and it does sound like it's coming from near the firewall on the...
  4. Bronco638

This thing rides like a......truck.......

Well, obviously. :D 2001 Edge 4x4 with the 16" alloy wheels. I've noticed that the suspension seems stiffer than any other Ranger or F-150 I've owned. Rough pavement will cause the rear end to step out, on occasion, requiring a little counter-steering (which I enjoy). Are there alternate...
  5. Bronco638

After-Market Outside Temperature Indicator?

I have an '01 Edge and would really like to have an outside (air) temperature gauge. Does anyone make one that's easy to read/install? I have an original Scan Gauge that reads Intake Air temperature but that's not always completely accurate, with respect to ambient air temp. TIA, Dave.
  6. Bronco638

Rear wheel well - forward inner fender liners - Extant?

I was rotating wheels/tires this weekend and noticed that just above the mud flaps, on the bed, there's a nice black plastic inner fender liner. However, on the forward (cab side) of the wheel well, there is not one. I can see a nice sheet metal bracket that's spot welded to the bed that appears...
  7. Bronco638

Change PCV Valve - 3.0 Vulcan

I tried several searches and nothing really came up, either here or thru Google. So, I figured it out. Original Poster: Bronco638 Difficulty: 3 out of 10 Time to install: 20 minutes Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for...
  8. Bronco638

Change PCV Valve - '01 3.0 - How To?

I'm changing the PCV valve on my Ranger but am not quite sure how to get to it. I can see it but there so much plumbing around and above, I can't access it. Has anyone done a How To write-up? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? If not, can someone at least outline what I need to...
  9. Bronco638

Paint Chip Protective Stick-Ons - Removal?

The protective stick-on strips, at the leading edge of my bed and rear bumper, are old, cracked and dingy. Can I remove them with a heat gun? TIA.
  10. Bronco638

Changed my Seats - Air Bag Dash Light Flashing - ???

2001 Edge 4x4, regular cab. I bought a set of 2005 XLT seats (according to the p.o. of the seats) and swapped out my Edge seats over the weekend. Now, when I turn on the ignition, the air bag light flashes at me. Should I have disconnected the battery? Or, did I forget to do something else...
  11. Bronco638

Lund Tonneau Cover

I recently purchased a 2001 Edge 4x4. I've never owned a pick-up without somehow protecting the bed (this is my fourth Ranger and I've owned an F-150). My first Ranger ('85 ST/X) had a Motorcraft tonneau which used the hook & loop tape. My second Ranger ('88 XLT) had a cap, my third Ranger ('90...
  12. Bronco638

Cleaning Seat Covers

I came across a deal, on CL, for some XLT seats (60/40 split) out of a 2005 Ranger. The previous owner stored them, stacked, in an unheated garage on a concrete floor. The passenger seat is in really nice shape, it just needs a vacuum or perhaps a light cleaning. The driver's seat is the issue...
  13. Bronco638

Solid Rear Window versus Sliding Rear Window - Sizing?

Hi All, I just acquired a 2001 Ranger Edge with the regular cab. It came with a solid rear window. I would like to have a sliding rear window installed. I called Safelite to get a quote (~$305). When I called Gerber, they told me the solid rear window is physically bigger than the sliding rear...
  14. Bronco638

Coolant Leak - 3.0L Edge 4x4 w/Auto.

Hi All, I just purchased a 2001 Edge 4x4 with the 3.0 and auto tranny, 126K miles. After just a few minutes of running, I'll see a small spot of coolant on the ground below the engine. I do know this is coolant because I can see the green-ish color and the spot on the driveway will rinse away...
  15. Bronco638

Lets see your camping vehicles!

This is our 1962 Broken Arrow Tepee camper (aka a "canned ham" trailer). This was taken after we purchased, last September, it in Kentucky and are on our way to Bardstown to tour the American Bourbon Trail (highly recommended, even for non-drinkers, like myself). That's my wife's old Escape...
  16. Bronco638

Hello from Chicago-land

Just purchased my fourth Ranger, a 2001 Edge 4x4. It's spent most of its life in northern Florida so it's rust free. It has a few dings/dents but nothing major. I'll use it for winter commuting (I'm on two wheels the rest of the year) and hauling the bike or towing my small camper trailer. I've...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad