• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 86-88 Wiring harness needed

I need a complete engine wiring harness for an 86-88 Ranger with a 2.9. Unless another year will work. I need the complete thing (sensors, connections to computer, etc). Does anyone know where I can order one. I have looked, and I haven't had much luck. If not, does anyone want to sell one, and...
  2. No PIP signal TFI

I am getting code 18 with the tester I bought. I checked the the TFI with a test light, and it is getting power. I also checked the ignition coil switching wire on the TFI while cranking, and I am getting a blinking test light like I should, so this is confirming that the TFI is working in this...
  3. Help with codes, and how to fix

18c Loss of tachometer input/IDM circuit failure/ Spout circuit grounded. 95c Fuel pump secondary circuit failure I have also checked the fuel pressure which reads 30-32 at idle, when giving it gas it jumps up to 35. Secondly, I checked the timing again, and the base timing was correct. When...
  4. Computer conector

What type of connector does the 86 ford with a 2.9 use, so I can buy a computer to test for codes? Thanks, Did a search with no luck, figured get more reliable information here.
  5. Proper operating temp, low power at higher speeds OD

I have two questions. First, what is the proper operating temperature for a 2.9 engine, or thermostat rating. Secondly, I have great power in lower gears, but I do have trouble climbing hills in 3rd and 4th (OD). What issues would cause lack of power? That way I can start to eliminate the...
  6. Vibration, Not mechanical

I have a noise coming from the truck when driving. It is not all the time. The engine and the transmission is new. Therefore, I rule these out because it is not all the time. What are some suggestions to look for being I can't see this when parked in the drive way. I am sure that these ford...
  7. Temperature sensor, and coolant sensor

My truck runs at normal temperature, but the gauge barely reads. Therefore, I know the gauge is getting some juice. I also know I am running rich. I just replaced the engine, and I have the same rich issue I had before with the old engine. I have a pretty good feeling my coolant sensor is...
  8. NEW A4LD grinding in any gear

I installed the remanufactured transmission myself. I did install the torque converter correctly because I checked the clearance which is 1 and 5/8 inch from the bellhousing. There is no sound until it is put into any gear, then it sounds as if something is getting beaten or a grinding or...
  9. Small issue with TCC solinoid

When I bought the ranger which is an 86, the previous owner installed a newer transmission with the three prong connector. The issue is, is that the 2 prong never fit, so they took the thing apart in an attempt to route it. Though they never hooked it up. I now have the correct solenoid prong...
  10. Torquing the Torque converter

I know the crank to flywheel has to be torqued, but does the torque converter to the flywheel have to be torqued. If so, how much poundage do I need for an 86 ranger with a 2.9. I have looked around for information first, but I found nothing. I am ready to put the starter on, but I need to...
  11. What size oil pump primer

I am just about ready to install my new engine onto my ranger, but I still need a few more parts before I go on with the installation. I have been to several auto-parts stores, and none of them know what size oil pump primers I need for my 2.9 engine. There is a 1/4 and a 5/16, both made for...
  12. ECM questions

I am new to the forums and I just had a few questions considering an ECM swap from an 88 to a 86. I broke the EGR tube when removing the engine, and been having a hard time finding a replacement. I have read plenty times that some have changed the ECM from newer trucks into older ones to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad