• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. harbt95

Ford powered vw bug

So my uncle bought my 95 ranger splash 2wd 5 speed with a 4.0 in it, from me, I couldn't get it inspected because the frame was bad. He also bought a 99 reg cab ranger frame and a 2001 ford exploder rear end for the posi trac. He then found a 72 vw bug that needed an engine. If you see where I'm...
  2. harbt95

Frame replacement/repair

I've got a 95 splash ex. cab and my frame is kinda rotted behind the rear spring shackles/hangars and really thin in a few spots between the front and rear hangars. I've just picked up the rear half of a 96 ranger frame done all the measurements and everything lines up. I'm a good welder and...
  3. harbt95

Iac testing?

Is there a way to test the Iac on my 95 4.0 I pulled it off and watched the plunger inside while someone turned the key on before I started it this morning. I get how they work and in theory I thought the plunger would open up but nothing moved. I sprayed it with some throttle body cleaner and...
  4. harbt95

8.8" rear end

Can I put the guts of a LSD in my open diff housing with my ring and pinion gears? Getting a LSD tonight and don't want to swap whole rear end. Both are 8.8". The LSD is from an explorer xlt and I have a ranger splash. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. harbt95

95' leaf spring hangars

I really wish that the hangars weren't riveted on. K ground off the heads of the rivets on the outside of the frame and pryed the hangar off wich came off in three peices now I can't get the top two through the frame. I can't get my torches filled until Monday and would need my truck for that...
  6. harbt95

ran out of gas

i found out the hard way that my fuel gauge in my 95 splash 4.0 does not work. Any common thing go wrong these?
  7. harbt95

speedometer

i just purchased a 95 splash 5 speed 4.0 and the speedometer does not work i need help i don't know what it could be. i have the receipts for the new speed sensor and was installed by dealer and dealer checked the wiring and said it was ok so is the gauge cluster dead?
  8. harbt95

Rough idle and acting like a cold blooded carbureted engine

I just bought a 95 ranger splash with a 4.0 and a 5 speed. I live in northern by and its cold here right now. My question is what would make the truck run really rough at idle bouncing from 600-900 rpms and it absolutely will not idle until its reached operating temp. If this question is already...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad