• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tyler.lee132

Be Careful

This is what happens when it is raining and you lock up the rear eand around a curve... Who else cringes looking at this...?:sad:
  2. tyler.lee132

Suddenly, no power...

2000 Ford ranger with a 4.0L V6 ohv and a 5r55e transmission. Was driving home from work yesterday and stepped on it pretty hard and suddenly, no power. Tried to get up to speed and it just revs up to 4000 rpm and it has no go... Recently replaced transmission so that's my first suspect. Any...
  3. tyler.lee132

Oil pressure gage

In my 2000 ford ranger 4x4 4.0L the oil pressure gage doesn't turn on until the engine gets up to operating temperature if it's cold outside. What might be the cause of this? :icon_confused:
  4. tyler.lee132

OHV to SOHC?

I'm sure it's been done but i can't seem to find anyone who has done it... I have a 2000 ford ranger with the 4.0L OHV engine in it. It's all stock. Looking to get more horsepower and torque and it seems like it'd be less expensive to do a SOHC swap into it and buy some mods for that. Cause...
  5. tyler.lee132

Benefits of Running Higher Gear Ratio?

On my truck i have the 8.8 axle with the 3.73 and i was jsut curious as to the benefits of upgrading to a higher gear ratio such as; 4.10 or 4.56?
  6. tyler.lee132

Tranny leak?!

Ok recently replaced my 4.0 transmission. I'm not sure of the kind that's in it now but it may have a leak... Or something... It's not tranny fluid it's like a dark gray/black liquid that appears to be coming from the pan bolts.... Tightened the bolts the first time i saw liquid but checked...
  7. tyler.lee132

V8 Swap conundrum..

Ok, so here's the dealio. I have available for purchase a 1992 camaro z28 5.0L V8. If i do get it i'll need a new transmission obviously and a new rear end. I'm a 17 year old on minimum wage, but i enjoy working on cars/trucks. Would this be worth my time and money? I know i'll also need to get...
  8. tyler.lee132

Chevy 305 swap?

I'm sure it's been done, but i was wondering what kind of parts and tools and know-how i would need to swap my 4.0 for a chevy 305. It came out of a '92 camaro z28.
  9. tyler.lee132

2001 Explorer console in 2000 Ranger?

Came accross a 2001 explorer console and was owndering if i would work in my 2000 ranger if i made it two bucket seats...? :icon_idea:
  10. tyler.lee132

Odd clunk sound...

Just replaced lower ball joints and upper control arm/balljoints in my 2000 ranger 4x4. Now when i brake hard there is a lloud clunk/thunk noise on the passenger side. Also, the passenger side had a control arm that you would find on a lifted truck... Replaced it with a regular one. Any ideas as...
  11. tyler.lee132

Some sort of suspension piece...

I have a 2000 ford ranger 4x4 4.0 v6 and there is a broken piece in the suspension up front and i'm not sure what it is called to order a new one.... It might be torsion bar but i don't think so... If you're under the truck looking at it from the front then it's like a bar that is connected to...
  12. tyler.lee132

Auxiliary plug in....

Has anyone put in an auxiliary port in a 2000 ford ranger 4x4 or something similar?
  13. tyler.lee132

I want it loud!

I have a 2000 ranger 4.0 and i waas wondering if i could make it louder with a different exhaust or whatever on it... Help???:sad:
  14. tyler.lee132

Possible lift?

Thinking about lifting my 2000 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 v6. What do y'all recommend and how do i go about doing it?
  15. tyler.lee132

Misc Interior Questions/Problems

Recently got a 2000 ford ranger 4x4 extended cab. There are a couple issues so far in the interior. a) Only half the dash lights work behind the gauges... So i only see part of the gauge cluster... b) Overhead light does not work unless door is open... c) Center console is broken and now taken...
  16. tyler.lee132

Newbie!

Recently bought a 2000 ranger 4x4 ext cab with 144k miles but has rebuilt 4.0. Had to swap out the transmission and that went alright, not flawless but this is my first vehicle. Have a few more problems i hope to iron out! Nice to meet y'all!:icon_pepsi:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad