• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. odometer issues

I have a '95 4x4 with a stick. I replaced the clutch a while back and the odometer has not worked properly since. The speedo is fine, but the odometer registers way low. I mean it barely moves. any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. window motors

I replaced both window motors a couple of years ago. since then I have had to replace the wire bullet connector several times with every type of wire connector I have found. Every time it works for a while and stops. Both windows the same thing. So last time I soldered them straight together, no...
  3. engine compartment access

I may get a laugh from some of the more mechanically experienced, but here goes. I was away from home for most of a month. When I came home my '95 ranger had a dead battery. No big surprise there.The problem is the safety latch in the cab is not releasing so I can gain access to the battery...
  4. fuel pump replacement

Apparently My truck needs a fuel pump (10 psi). Would someone walk me through the process (I do know that the tank comes down), including tools and all parts required? Please note that I am a carpenter, not a mechanic so the more detail the better. My wife would rather I pay someone to do it...
  5. code question

Hey guys,I could really use a little of your expertise in diagnosing my '95 3.0. It is very hesitant on acceleration at any speed, but better at cruise. Some white smoke from the tailpipe. I had it scanned and got a P1443? Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's my daily driver and I need to...
  6. egr issue

the CEL is on and it runs rough like its rich all the time, and the fuel consumption is horrible. The code shows insufficient egr flow. I checked the technical library first for guidance, and did the suction test(sorry guys no vacuum pump) on the vacuum line of the egr valve with no effect. Took...
  7. egr issue

the CEL is on and it runs rough like its rich all the time, and the fuel consumption is horrible. The code shows insufficient egr flow. I checked the technical library first for guidance, and did the suction test(sorry guys no vacuum pump) on the vacuum line of the egr valve with no effect. Took...
  8. EGR flow issues

My '95 3.OL 5spd. shows an egr flow issue. Any experience or ideas on rectifying the situation here? The plugs burn clean, starts perfect, but runs rough and gets lousy fuel mileage. Thanks for the input. With the help of those on this site I was able to do a clutch job on my ranger (4x4, yea...
  9. "check engine" light

It's the first time the light has come on since I have owned the truck, and I HATE taking it in if I don't have to. How can I decode the message, and since it's probably tuning work necessary, what can I do to improve power or economy in my '95 3.0L 5sp 4x4 with way too tall gears. This is my...
  10. electric window failures

That's right, failures. Both window mechanism's failed within two weeks of each other in my '95 ranger. I'm guessing this must be fairly common and someone can help me out with information. The windows go down ok and I can hear the motor running but I have to push the window frame up by hand (I...
  11. bench bleed clutch slave?

First off, I would like to thank those of you who have offered your experience and insight which has helped me along my project of replacing the clutch in my truck. I currently have a freshly cut flywheel installed along with a new rear main seal and all new clutch components. I am ready for the...
  12. clutch replacement

Aloha from a new member in Hawaii. I believe I incorrectly posted this last night in the introduction forum, oops! Last year I bought a clean 1995, 3.0L, fwd, swb which now needs a clutch (127000 miles). I haven't done a clutch replacement in 25 years (automatics), and there certainly seems to...
  13. clutch replacement

Aloha, I'm a new member so this is my first posting. I have had trucks for 35 years, but not a stick for 25 or so. Also this is my first small truck ever. I would like advice, or even better, instructions to replace the clutch in my 1995 ranger with a 3.0 L, and fwd. I live in rural Hawaii so...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad