• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ford Ranger 4liter eng trans Problems,Help !!

Hi I need some help here ! I bought a 1996 Ford Ranger Ranger 4wd with the extended cab,4 liter engine. I bought the truck about 3 years ago and haven driven the truck but about 500 miles a year(only when fishing or hunting). The truck has had a shifting issue since I first bought it ,the Trans...
  2. 2 part question/How much weight /can I flat tow

I am going to get either a small used Rv to tow a Ranger extended cab XLT with 4 liter v6 Automatic Transmission or a camper to tow behind the ranger. I would use it to drive about 150 miles to go deer hunting on the farm I have hunted for over 40 years. IF I got The rv and towed the truck I...
  3. Radio goes off when I hit bump

What do I need to check? I dont know anything at all about electronics.Plays fine till I hit a bump then stops.Tried hitting dash but that doesn,t help. 1998 Mazda B 2500 4 cyl and stick. Thanks for your help Craig
  4. Water temp gauge?

My Mazda B2500 was showing hot but it is not running hot at all. It is a 1998 with 4 cyl and stick. ECT sensor the problem? If so how hard to replace? The Temp Gauge in the truck showed pegged over to the right ,next morning it was still pegged to right when I got in truck and looked. Thanks Craig
  5. help with paint

Hi,I just bought a 1996 Ford Ranger 4liter 4wd. The paint over the entire truck looks great with the exception of the hood. It appears as though there is some oxidation (I think)and is dull looking compared to the rest of the truck. I would like for it to look as good as the rest of the truck. I...
  6. code reader for transmission

Hi,would Autozone or one of the parts stores have a code reader to tell me what might be wrong with my transmission? I want to find out what is wrong with my transmission and dont know where to go to find out. Thanks Craig
  7. transmission problems on a 1996 Ranger 4x4 4liter

Hi I recently bought a 1996 Ford Ranger supercab with 4 lit engine auto trans The trans is shifting strangely,when going from first to second it feels like it is trying to shift to second but takes 3 or 4 seconds for it to fully shift to second then on to third right before it shifts the rpms go...
  8. new need help

Hi,I amnew here and need help. I have owned a Ranger 1996 with the 4 cyl and manual trans for years ,I neede a4x4 foruse one farm and as a genera lpurpose vehicle I bought a used one yesterday and not knowing what to look for got into some problems I dont know how to remedy. This is going to be...
  9. Hi,my name is Craig

Hi, I joined here a few minutes ago mainly to get Help with a 1996 Ranger 4x4 that I bought yesterday. I do like ford Rangers and have had a 1996 2 wheel drive for a couple of years that gets great gas mileage with the 4 cylander standard trans but needed a 4x4 for use on the farm. I am 53 and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad