• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Woods-Rider

New front bumper (almost done)

built this thing last weekend when i went home from school for mothers day (where my welder is). Its almost done, just need to add some plate to the sides to cover that gap to the lower outside of the lights and add a small stinger to hold my two round 6" procomp 130W lights upside down over the...
  2. Woods-Rider

squeaky steering wheel

my steering wheel squeaks when i turn it. i think there is just dust or something in it somewhere but i cant figure out how to get it off. it doesnt sound like its coming from the steering column, but from in the wheel its self. i have this style but mine is an '04.
  3. Woods-Rider

Torsion Crank Question

I first cranked my torsion bars about 3 years ago and have made some adjustments here and there since then. Now my drivers side is almost maxed out and this is how it sits. I know this doesn't look bad, but for being almost maxed my A-arms seem pretty level. Any advice?
  4. Woods-Rider

Mounted a shovel and ax

As the title says. here's a few pics. The ax: The shovel: What do you guys think?
  5. Woods-Rider

Need a little help RE: axle upgrades

I would check to make sure the shop understood what you wanted when they gave you that quote before you take it in and end up paying way more. If that's all it would cost then it's a steal!
  6. Woods-Rider

wagoneer axle

has: low pinioin, leaf sprung (sua), disc brakes, no abs, 297 axle joints (stronger than EB axles) look for: center axle disconnect (box thing on long side of axle, these are bad) 80-91 are the years without it. Here's a link to a guy who put on under his yota but he has the price listed for...
  7. Woods-Rider

Sterling 10.25

lol, he said statics, not statistics. just thought i would clear that up.
  8. Woods-Rider

Sterling 10.25

Sorry, still dont understand why you need or want duals, full floater, or a 10.25. Is there something you haul or tow on a regular basis?
  9. Woods-Rider

Sterling 10.25

so why do you need the full float axle? not trying to say you dont need it just curious as to what you are doing with it?
  10. Woods-Rider

Sterling 10.25

What do you haul/tow that you need a 10.25 for but will still be able to pull with a 2.3L?
  11. Woods-Rider

Sterling 10.25

What do you haul/tow that you would need a 10.25 but still be able to move with a 2.3L?
  12. Woods-Rider

Doin the 63" Chevy leaf swap.

I have been looking around for some lift springs for a while to get rid of my stacked blocks but just cant justify the $$$ for a new pack. I'm planning on swapping in the chevy leafs then making some shackles to compensate for the rest (need a total of 6" to get rid of both blocks). I was out at...
  13. Woods-Rider

what the hell do i do?

lot of people are using the D44 out of jeep grand wagoneers. its set up for leafs which is the easiest swap for your year, similar in width and has disc breaks. watch out for the cad ones though. check out the tech library for way more info.
  14. Woods-Rider

How many spline? Hes i have looked.

So i have a 2004 FX4 (not level II) and want to know how many spline my 8.8 is. I have read a mix of "level II's and explorers are 31 spline, all other rangers are 28" and "FX4's and explorers are 31 while all other rangers are 28". I just want to know if both the FX4 and FX4 Level II are 31 or...
  15. Woods-Rider

Where/How do you guys secure your shovel, ax and fire extinguisher?

As the title says where and how do you guys secure your shovel, ax and fire extinguisher? pics would be awesome!
  16. Woods-Rider

4wd slipping, watter in diff.

When in 4wd the front drivetrain slips about every minute or so and its very noticeable. at speed it feels like a jolt as it disengages and about one or two seconds later it is working again. this has been going on for a few weeks now. tonight i took off the drivers side CV joint and axle...
  17. Woods-Rider

Fabbing up for coilovers on '99s and up?

I know there are some kits out there such as RCD and Dixon Bros that eliminate the torsion bars with coilovers. i wanted to know if there was anyone out there that has just bought the coilovers and fabbed up the brackets? How much work was involved and what did you do? i am tired of my ground...
  18. Woods-Rider

Engine code, what does it mean?

My check engine light came on when coming back from a light wheeling adventure. the code is po171 and it says "system to lean (Bank 1)". what does this mean? I have the automatic trans. thanks in advance.
  19. Woods-Rider

Blown CV joint

I have looked around and can't find much on the new IFS D35's. I was wheelin in the snow yesterday chained up in the front and found a guy WAY stuck in a stock suburban (don't ask me what he was doing trying to drive in 2+ feet of snow). so being the good amaritan that i am i hooked up to him...
  20. Woods-Rider

Heavy Duty tire chains

So i just went though my second set of Les Schwab tire chains in two wheelin trips. i take the broken set in and they replace it for free, but i dont want to have to do this every time. i have the chain link ones (not cable) but i need something better. my dad has some old chain ones that he has...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad