• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Todd~Rod

Need some advice 4.0 engine running like crap

Ok so my 4.0 has been idleing a little rough the past few thousand miles i didnt think anything of it and now its really sounding bad and not running right. there is coolant leaking down the front of the engine i believe its coming from up top but not positive where. should i replace all the...
  2. Todd~Rod

Question on tool for intake bolts

what size socket is need to take out the intake manifold bolts??
  3. Todd~Rod

Gears Grinding

I know gears grinding when you put them into gear is probably the synchronizers but how much are they to replace???
  4. Todd~Rod

Metal in my eye

So i was working on my brother 97 ranger yesterday... had to replace the rear leave brackets just like i replaced the front ones on my truck. Well any how when i was grinding the hell outta the rivets that hold the factory junk brackets sparks are flying and stuff well when i was done i went to...
  5. Todd~Rod

Anti Lock ???????

Ok so i think there is something wrong with my anti lock brake sensor in the wheel my anti lock starts kicking in when I'm slowing down to around 3 mph or even when im stopped sitting there sometimes....any one have any ideas whats going on??? if its the sensor i may just cut the damn wire...
  6. Todd~Rod

Leave Spring Bracket Replacement

This is a "How To" on replacing the poorly designed brackets on the Ford Rangers. After have my mechanic replace the rear leave brackets and shackles from terrible rust. I took it upon myself to replace the front brackets after one of them had rusted and broke on me. First thing of course is...
  7. Todd~Rod

Bed Liner

What bed liner Application would you go with
  8. Todd~Rod

Leave Spring Brackt

Well i have started the process of replacing the front leaf brackets on my truck, i got the bed unbolted, wires disconnected, and fuel tank filler tube unbolted. Now i am waiting for my cousin to help me take the bed off and drop the tank. I have taken many pics during the process and plan on...
  9. Todd~Rod

Starting problems

Ok so i have a 96 ranger 4.0 and when i get in it i turn the key and it turns but wont start right away i turn the key off and try again some times it takes up to three or four times for it to kick over. I tried the ICV and thas not the problem. when its running it runs fine no spitting or...
  10. Todd~Rod

TIPS: on replacing leave bracket & shackle

So i was on my way home from camp today and i heard a noise and my truck was riding funny and making noise when i hit bumps. I pulled over and look at my leave spring because thats what i figured it was and sure enough my front bracket and shackle had broken. Any way does anyone have any tips...
  11. Todd~Rod

????Water pump replacement????

I think my water pump is leaking around the seal at the bottom of the water pump and was wondering what kind of pump i should replace it with as i was looking on RockAuto and they offer a few different choices.
  12. Todd~Rod

?????Dana 35 pinion oil seal?????

After going through my haynes manual and not finding anything on how to replace the pinion seal on my front end i was wondering if anyone could help me out on the steps and specs i need to replace the seal?????

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad