• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mechanickid

1986 volvo 240 DL. Any tips?

I recently acquired just as the title says, an 86 volvo. It is a 4 door, 4 cylinder, 4 speed electronic overdrive car. Anyone know much about the older volvos?
  2. Mechanickid

Bench Seat in 94 Explorer?

Does any one know if a solid bench seat from a ranger will bolt in a 94 4 door explorer with power buckets and console?
  3. Mechanickid

Largest Tire for 1st gen explorer.

Whats the largest tire I can fit on my 91 explorer? I have skyjacker leveling coils in the front and 2" lift shackles in the back. I was thinking 33"s with some trimming. Also will my tires 4.0 and A4LD be able to push 33"s with 3:73 gears?
  4. Mechanickid

4.0 Performance Options

Is there anyone on here who has built a 4.0 OHV to preform? I know tom morona offers stroker kits, cams and such. I just wanna know if anyone has had any luck with them. :dunno:
  5. Mechanickid

4.0 transmission options

Will a Toyo Koygo transmission from a mid 80's ranger with a 2.9 hold up to 4.0 Power?:icon_confused:
  6. Mechanickid

86-86 2.9 throttle body.

I just did the throttle body swap on my 88 ranger. I was in the JY today and saw an 87 BII that had the larger throttle body. I snatched the TB then went home and got out my flat file. I knife edged the throttle plate and polished up the bore. It really woke up my old 2.9, I have alot more low...
  7. Mechanickid

Squeaky Suspension

My 88 ranger has been squeaking alot lately. Particularly from the rear. Whats causing this? Its annoying as heck! Every speed bump it squeaks. I was wondering if it was just the suspension bushings being old and worn/dry rotted. Any help is much appreciated. Thnx, Marty
  8. Mechanickid

2" Suspension Boost

After driving my 88 ranger for 6 months now I have a good idea of what I want to do to the suspension. Being that I use it for mild trail use and alot of highway I figure that I wont need anything more than a 31" tire. Remember that this is my DD. I plan on doing a 2" washer lift on the front to...
  9. Mechanickid

Camping in a Ranger?

I was wondering if any of you guys use your ranger for camping? I want to do some this summer. I have 2 camper tops, one is a high rise and one is normal. Both are fiberglass. I put the high rise one on for a little while to see how I liked it, but it was really old and didn't fit well. I put...
  10. Mechanickid

One Peice Driveshaft Swap

I'm not sure what forum to post this in so I posted it here. I've about had it with the 2 piece drive shaft on my 88 Ex-Cab. About a month after I bought the truck the carrier bearing started to make some noise. I checked it and the rear bearing seal was gone and so was all the grease. So I...
  11. Mechanickid

Typical Trade Rules

A friend I know at skool offered to trade me some tires and wheels the other day. The terms of the trade was he was trading me some brand new off brand A/T tires on some deep-dish Outlaw II steel wheels, for my Well Worn 31" BFG Long Trail radials on the same wheels just not deep-dished. I...
  12. Mechanickid

Adventures with my 31's

I put my 31's off my explorer on my 88 about a month or so ago. They actually fit pretty good for a 1st gen. Very little rubbing on the front of the fender. I thought I would share pictures of my adventures in the last month or so. With 235's and stock rims. With my 31" BFG long trails and...
  13. Mechanickid

Body Lift Gap Fix 1st Gen. Ranger

I was wondering when you guys do a body lift on a 1st gen what do you do about that fugly gap on the front clip. The piece right below the grill. I think it would be relatively easy to make a panel and cover it up but what would you guys do? :dunno: I was thinking about a body lift but now I'm...
  14. Mechanickid

Splash bed on an 88 ex cab?

Anyone on here ever put a stepside gen.3 and up bed on a 1st gen.? I was wondering how it might look. I know that the frame bolt holes are the same but what about the filler tube and taillights etc.?
  15. Mechanickid

Groups?

I see everyone has a group now. 1/2 ton SAS, 1 ton SAS, Etc. What about us stock guys? or stock mod guys? I was just wondering if we could have our own group. If there is one thing I've learned is that if you leave a vehicle as close to stock with a few exceptions it will be more efficient and...
  16. Mechanickid

Emergency Brake Failure

Last night I pulled my ranger into the drive way (on a hill), I set the emergency brake as tight as possible and put it in 1st gear low box to insure that it will not roll away (Its really icy and snowy out). So this morning I go out and start it up and put it in neutral while its still in low...
  17. Mechanickid

Best 235 mud/snow tires

What do you stock guys run in the way of tires? I want to run some mud terrain/snow tires on my 88. It has some pussy 235 street tires on it now.They are larger than stock (215) but I wanted to keep the same size or a little bigger say 30 9.50 but I am unsure what to get.
  18. Mechanickid

Show us your homebrew Bumpers

Hey guys looking for some ideas on building front and rear bumpers for my 88. So throw up all kinds of detailed pix of your bumpers!:headbang: I need some ideas!
  19. Mechanickid

T5 or T56 Trans?

I was tossing around some ideas in my head a while ago. Is there A t5 that will bolt up to a 2.9 and a BW1350? Also I heard of a T56 wich I believe is a 6 speed t5 pretty much. I was just thinking of a 6 speed swap for better gear selection behind a 2.9.
  20. Mechanickid

New Truck Wooo Hooo!

I got a new DD a week or so ago. :yahoo: Just haven't had the time to take some pics to share. I bought an 88 Ranger XLT ex. cab. 2.9,FM 146?, Manual bw1350. only rust is on the bed. It belonged to a family friend who towed it behind his camper everywhere, so all the miles are highway and with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad