• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RedRanger_97

Body and frame flex???

I have a 97 ext. cab 4x4 and I was just wondering if anyone else has a good bit of frame flex when offroad. I can hear my back glass flex, and my one piece driveshaft (aluminum) is requiring more clearancing than it should. also you can get it crossed up and see the bed flexing. now i have a...
  2. RedRanger_97

Cab leaking???

I have a 97 extended cab and I have aquired a leak right above the back glass. I took the third brake light off and sealed it real good and still its leaking. Took it back off and it was dry. I have noticed the back glass sounds like its flexing with the truck in offroad situations. the back...
  3. RedRanger_97

Ques. bout 1 pc driveshaft

I did the swap awhile back. I put in an 03 aluminum shaft into my 97 and had to do a good bit more clearancing than the tech. library said. no problems till today i had it pretty crossed up on a hunting trip and it still touches. I don't know why it still touches. I even fabed a new rear bracket...
  4. RedRanger_97

Camber Bushings!

I just got my new skyjacker 132x springs and went by napa and got the adjustable camber bushings (4 to -4). what I was wondering was where I could install the bushings (what degree) to where the camber would be close enough so I can drive it to the shop to align it.
  5. RedRanger_97

Spiting out the Exhaust?

I have a 97 with the 4.0 and when u are cruising at highway speeds and let off the gas to slow down it wants to spit ( best explanation ) out the tailpipe pretty loud. Doesn't do it everytime just intermittingly. I just need some ideas to get started diagnosing it. It is driving me crazy!!!!
  6. RedRanger_97

Driveshaft clearance with 2"springs!

I have converted my 97 ext. cab with the one-piece aluminum shaft from on 02. right now it is stock suspension. i had to do quite a bit more clearancing with the gas tank skid plate than posted in the tech. library. (had rubbing issues) like cutting a little more than listed and fabing new...
  7. RedRanger_97

T-case leaking in seams!

I just purchased a new t-case for my 97 4.0 and the swap went easily, 1354 to 1354 both electric. but the next day i noticed the t-case was leaking where it is bolted together, front and rear seam. I was just wandering if i split it open is anything going to fly apart or can i just crack it open...
  8. RedRanger_97

Locking washer on manual hubs, Not holding!!!

I purchased a Warn manual hub conversion a while back and installed them. No Problems. But today I had to take them loose to clean and pack the bearings. I reinstalled the inner spindle nut and put the locking washer back on. When i went to torque the outter nut it just kept wanting to spin the...
  9. RedRanger_97

t-case

Lifting Clearance I was planning on a 2'' lift and was just wondering about the clearance of my driveshaft. I have converted to a one piece aluminum. and I had to do more clearancing than the tech library said. just want to know if anyone has had any problems with a lift
  10. RedRanger_97

Bad clinking noise!

I have 97 ranger ext. cab, 4.0, 4R55E tranny. I have had a noise since I bought the truck, It happens between gears like drive to reverse, also when u go to slow down and then take back off. I have done a driveshaft conversion with new u-joints and that had no effect on it (thought the slip...
  11. RedRanger_97

Loud Noise!!!

I have a 97 ranger ext. cab 4x4, and I have done a one-peice aluminum driveshaft, no lift. I can be cruising around about 55 and let off the gas to just coast in gear, (auto.) and there is no throttle pressure just rolling when it shifts into high gear it sounds like something hitting a heat...
  12. RedRanger_97

Companion Flange Adapter?

Just wandering where you find the adapter for the aluminum driveshaft swap. I am currently running a conversion joint.
  13. RedRanger_97

Clunking Noise!

Hi I have a 97 supercab 4x4 and I have a problem. when I change from reverse to drive or vise versa. It sounds like a u-joint but thats not it, then I thounght driveshaft slip joint. I just converted it from a two-piece driveshaft to an aluminum one-piece with new joints. It still makes the...
  14. RedRanger_97

Driveshaft Trouble!!!

I own a 97 ranger supercab 4x4 with no lift yet. I am converting the two-piece driveshaft to a one-piece from a 2003 (aluminum). The t-case flange is larger so I am having to swap the u-joint flange to bolt to my t-case like the tech. library says but the u-joints are different. Does anyone know...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad