• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. vaprobe87

Convertor flanges?

I was wondering if the flanges where the y-pipe goes to the convertor is the same between a 3.0 and 4.0. My dad has a 2003 4.0 Edge and his exhaust was rusted and broke off behind the convertors. I have a 2000 3.0 Ranger that's going to be parked for a while and was going to see if I could...
  2. vaprobe87

4wd to 2wd conversion

From what I've read the hardest part of doing this swap and keeping EFI is the electronics especially since the Explorer/Mountaineer never came with a manual transmission. Either a custom tune or aftermarket computer would be needed since the auto trans control was built in to the ECU. I...
  3. vaprobe87

4wd to 2wd conversion

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking they were probably different frame wise but figured I would ask. I think I will go for a carbed 5.0 with 4.2L f150 manual trans and manual T-case just to make it simple. Just have to source the parts and figure out a way to afford them LOL.
  4. vaprobe87

4wd to 2wd conversion

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread so if it needs to be moved that's OK. Also I tried to search from my phone but couldn't really find any information so if a thread exists alread with this info a link would be appreciated. I have a 2000 Ranger XLT 3.0 5-Speed 4x4. I was...
  5. vaprobe87

My 84 5.0 Ranger

Just joined the site a few days ago. This is my 1984 Ranger. I needs a little work but I think it will be a fun little project. It is a 4x4 auto and someone has put in a throttle body injected 5.0. I have already done some work on it to get it better. It had some leaky valve cover gaskets...
  6. vaprobe87

New from VA

Just joined the site. i have owned a few Rangers and decided to join. I currently have a 1984 Ranger 4x4 that's been swapped to a 5.0.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad